cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Developer Studio 7.3 - Download and Deployment Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using SAP Netweaver 7.3 Portal. We need to develop portal components and customize some standard portal views. Please let us know where we have download SAP NWDS 7.3 and the installation guide.

Also please refer help documents for how to adapt the existing portal components to 7.3 version. We came to know that par files are not supported in 7.3 version.

How can we deploy portal applications to portal using SAP NWDS 7.3.?

Regards,

Eben Joyson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member194211
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eben,

Please find below link from where you can download NWDS 7.3, to download NWDS 7.3 you should have S - ID with SAP.

https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/730/

Yes, in NWDS 7.3, PAR file is not supported. You need to convert PAR file into EAR file and then deploy it.

Thanks.

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded NWDS from the link location you have given in this thread.

I am facing error in the deployment. Below I have given the steps of how I tried to deploy the application:

1. I download the com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead folder from the server lcoation

E:\usr\sap\EPL\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com.

2. In NWDS 7.3, Opened Java EE Perspective.

3. Created File ---> New -- > Enterprise Application Project. Named project as "custom_masthead_EAPP" and Checked the "Generate application.xml deployment descriptor" button .

4. Then again imported the war file by selecting File --> Import ---> Select "Web" - WAR file and click Next. Select WAR file and changed the Web Project name as "custom_masthead" and Checked the "Add project to an EAR" button and selected the already created custom_masthead_EAPP .

5. In the custom_masthead, I added all needed jars to java build path.

6. In "custom_masthead_EAPP", I opened application-j2ee-engine.xml file in the editor and added the below code :

<reference reference-type="hard">
		<reference-target target-type="application">custom.masthead</reference-target>
	</reference>
	<provider-name>sap.com</provider-name>

7. Then I opened the context menu of "custom_masthead_EAPP" and deployed the application by selecting " Run as server". Previously i maintained SAP AS property in windows --> preferences

But deployed was failed with the error message:

Deploy Exception.ASJ.dpl_dc.006505 An unresolved dependencies error occurred while sorting the deployment batch items regarding the dependencies. [ERROR: 6/23/11 11:49 AM /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) ThreadDeploy Thread,5,main]

Exception Stack Trace :

Deploy Exception.ASJ.dpl_dc.006505 An unresolved dependencies error occurred while sorting the deployment batch items regarding the dependencies.

Please give your input on this.

Regards,

Eben Joyson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally I found a place do download NWDS 7.3. I have tried from smp but when I click on
the link for NWDS it is empty. I am able to download all other 7.3 components
but not the studio and I would much like to avoid contacting SAP about this
issue. Thank you for the provided link it saved me a lot of time.

Best regards

Daniel Jadeholt