cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Code is missing in Tax Condition ZGS3. Please maintain Tax Code (VK12).

manzoor_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SD Expert,

My Clients Requirement is wants to charge Service tax on Individual Condition type instead of Net Value. It should be Manual Entry in Condition Tab of Sales Order. Client doesn't want to maintain any condition record for condition type.(VK11). Without Condition Record (VK11), They should be enter Manual Entry in Condition Tab of Sales Order.

For the above requirement I have did some changes in Condition type (V/06). I have select Manual Entries in Condition type and also select Manual Entries in Pricing Procedure (V/08).

In Sales Order in Condition Tab System Calculating Manual Service tax on respective Condition Type but at the time of Saving Sales Order system giving Error Massage " Tax Code is missing in Tax Condition ZGS3. Please maintain Tax Code (VK12)."

I want to know it can mandatory to maintain Condition record to calculate service tax even it is Manual. Or I missed some config due to this system giving Error Massage.

Plz Help me out to resolve this issue

Thanks in Advance.

.Manzoor Ahmad

SAP SD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintaining tax Condition record is necessary becuase maintaining tax code is important from accounting and taxes side without this you can not post values for tax

In V/06 for ZGS3 condition under changes to be made >> Manual entries - keep blank (No limitation)

Then create tax code for your country through FTXP (don't maintain tax percentage)

Then maintain condition record for ZGS3 in vk11 put tax code

Now when you process sales order ZGS3 will come but 0 %, now user can change % here according to requirement.

Kapil

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

ZGS3 does NOT have Tax Code. Thus Tax codes have to be created for it.

In FTXP you do not create Tax Codes, you give values to already existing Tax codes.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please see the link below

Ramchandra

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the link!

So, do you conclude that for a tax condition type to function properly, user needs to create a condition record (with Tax code etc. etc.)? ....even if user shall manually enter value (%) for tax condition type in VA01.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is mandatory to maintain condition record.

From VK11 entry, system is finding the Tax code for your Tax condition type.

Without tax code creation of Accounting document is NOT possible. For creation of Tax code consult with your FI consultant.

For your condition type have Tax codes been created?

Another way to avoid creation of Tax codes is to use already existing condition type MWST. There you can give tax values in FTXP. Furthermore if you want to do manual entry, set field "Manual entries" = blank (No limitation) in V/06.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check what Account Key is assigned to that condition type in pricing procedure. Next go to OB40, select that Transaction and untick the box against the field "Tax Code". Now retry the process.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi