Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken DC ess/tra/trp Issue?

TusharShinde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have deployed, ESS package but because of Version Mismatch I am facing some problems.

In entire ESS package we are using only 3 DC's

1. ess/lea

2. ess/rem

3. ess/rep

Whereas, there is one DC ess/tra/trp related to Travel Management, is broken because of Version Mismatch and due to which I am not able to assemble the entire ESS package.

Build Log says:

[javac] ERROR: symbol  : class IPlattformAdapterFactory 
     [javac] ERROR: location: package core
     [javac] ERROR: import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.core.IPlattformAdapterFactory;
     [javac] ERROR:                                               ^
     [javac] WARNING: Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
     [javac] WARNING: Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
     [javac] 1 error

I am planning to delete this broken DC from Track since in the entire ESS package I am hardly using only 3-DC's, so please guide me it is, OK if I delete the DC and then try to assemble Package, because ESS package is in Assembly, and Showing State = Finished with Errors.

Or is there any way where I can copy this Standard DC's alongwith there Dependancies and treat them as Local DC's and

then use it as I want without going for NWDI. (I would love this option if its feasible because of hardly 3-DC's being used in entire ESS package).

I understand importance of NWDI for JAVA development but currently we are in bottleneck situation and we need to come out of this at earliest.

Suppose If I plan to delete the DC from Track is there any way I can take backup of the track before doing any major task and If issues persist I can restore it to earlier stage.

Regards,

Tushar.Shinde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

For Point Number 2 if you are not sure on how to delete the DCs from DTR web UI then, please follow the below mentioned procedure...

1) Go to DTR web UI navigate to your DC path

(http://<host>:<port>/dtr/ws/<Track_Name>/<SC_Name>/dev/inactive/DCs/<Namespace>/<DC_Name>)

2) On the right hand side click on the Delete Resource button to delete the DC

3) On the Next screen you'll be asked to provide the activity name to check-out the resource for deletion.

4) Now, navigate to the SCs path

(http://<host>:<port>/dtr/ws/<Track_Name>/<SC_Name>/dev/inactive/SCs/hul.com/NWSC/_comp/TopLevelDCs/)

5) Delete the file <DC_Name>.dcref in the same way by clicking on delete resource.

6) Associate this resource with the same activity you created before by selecting the radio button on the same screen.

7) Then, on the next screen, choose the All checkbox and click on the Check-In button.

After performing the above mentioned operation.

You also have to make sure that from CBS Web UI you also activate those activity specific to your Track from Pending Activity View.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I understand from your problem that due to version mismatch only you are facing this issue.

As you have suggested Yes there are 2 workarounds definitely.

The one which is your favourite let me expalin that first.

Option-1: prepare a local Copy of the ESS component.

This option is actually the ideal option, because out of entire ESS package you're only using some 3 components. But let me remind you that there are lots of dependencies with the ECC backend when it comes to making a copy of the standard component. So you need to be very careful whil doing these operations.

1) If you have imported the ESS track in your Developer studio, then you have to right click the Track SC and Export it to a .SCA file in your local machine.

2) It's time consuming operation. Once that is done, then, right click the MyComponent SC under the Local Developments branch in your developer studio.

3) choose the import SCA option from the context menu.

once the import is over the real work start now...

4) you have to find out your 3 components.

5) Find out all the Dependent DCs needed for your Components and also find out whether the same Components are being used into some other DCs as required DCs or not?

5) Basically find out all the dependees and all the dependecies..

6) That's it, now Local workspace is containing only the DCs that you really need and other unecessary DCs are left behind.

7) You can deploy these Components and check whether the things are working as it is or not.

😎 I know its kind of a risky task, but you can just try it as a work around.

9) If anything goes wrong then anyhow you have your originial track unharmed which could be brought back to life.

Option-2: Making a copy of your Track and delete the Components that are not getting built

In this option, you need to make server copy of your track. Which means you will create the clone of your standard existing track and do the testing in the Clone Track.

To make a copy of your standard track, goto Landscape configurator>> Track Data and choose SAVE AS option to create a copy of your track.

1) goto Change Management Services

2) Goto the Landscape Configurator link.

3) Chose your track inside the table on the left side.

4) Open the "Track Data" link that is beside "Domain Data"

5) Now click on the "Change" button, from the software component (SCs) table and Add the Track SC (ESS Business Package SC) as it is present in your standard track.

6) Save the Track Data (While Saving, you must choose "Save & Re-import" button.)

7) Now goto Transport Studio, make sure your track is selected in the table

😎 In the Check-In Tab select all the components displayed in the "Check-In" button.

9) Once the Check-In operation is completed all those component will now be queued up in the Development Tab with status "waiting for import",

10) In the Development Tab select all the components & click on "Import" after import is over status will change to "Import Finished"

11) Once the Import operation is completed all those component will now be queued up in the Consolidation Tab,

12) In the Consolidation Tab select all the components & click on "Import" (Here also status will change from "Waiting for Import" to >> "Import Finished")

Once you have completed all the above steps it implies you have now successfully made the clone copy of your original Standard ESS Track.

Now, you need to delete the Comoponents that are not getting built from the DTR web UI, from all the DTR workspaces in the following sequence.

DTR Inactive_Dev

DTR Active_Dev

DTR Inactive_Cons

DTR Active_Cons

After Deletion of those DCs, open the CBS Web UI,

and look for whether any Broken DC are present in the Consolidation Active Buildspace or not?

If not, then bingo....

Your .SCA will indeed get generated during the Assembly option.

Assmble the .SCA and confirm.

If it works fine in the Clone track, then it must work in your Original standard track.

Perform the same operations to achieve your goal in the standard track too.

If you still have any queries then get back to me.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya