cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation of CIF IMs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one question regarding Generation of CIF integration models by suing transaction CFM1.

suppose i Generated (Created) a CIF IM and the settings (selected fields and filter objects ) are not saved as variant. Now i activated the same IM by using CFM2 transaction.

Now in later time If i want to know what are all setting (or fields selected and filtered etc) in that IM. As i have not saved the settings as variant, i cannot call the IM in CFM1. (but the model is still active).

I can see the details of that IM in CFM2 but it displays only what are filter objects are selected in that IM (not the filter criteria selected for that fields).

Could you please let me know, any transaction or report that can use to display of IMs which are not saved as variants?

Thanks in Advance,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry. you are out of luck. That is the purpose / definition of a variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks kenneth for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check in CIF Cockpit whether this can be found. I tried but could not.Here also system is showing the filter objects but not the filter criterion.

Could see in SAP Library the below information.

Working with Variants:

Since the system does not save the selection options you make when creating an integration model, you have to

save the settings as a variant on the selection screen. By working with variants you are able to reuse the settings

you have saved whenever you want. If you want to recreate an integration model at a later point in time, you can

call up the required variant by choosing the Select Variant symbol .

Integration Model Versions:

If you regenerate an integration model, the system automatically generates a new version of this model. Different

versions of an integration model are distinguished by their date and time of creation, as well as by the filter

objects that they contain.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nanda for your response and Info.

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tho!

You always have to save the variant of the Integration Model in /CFM1.

This is particularly useful because you would normally execute this in background.

a) RIMODGEN - Generate Integration Model

b) RIMODAC2 - Activate Integration Model

c) RIMODDEL - Remove inactive (obsolete) Integration Models

If you want, you can display the contents of an Integration Model in transaction /CFM4.

Hope this helps!

Will

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Krish!

Do you have additional doubts?

Will