cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking advice to re-enter the world of SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...I am looking for some serious advice. I did my SAP 4 years back in HCM module. I moved to USA and due to lack of working visa status and the economy, I have not been able to work on SAP . Currently, I am a student doing health care studies(undergraduate). I am expecting my permanent residence status end of this year and am thinking of re-educating and myself to enter the SAP job market. I am at a serious crossroads and am DESPERATE for counseling from experts. My current GPA is 4.00.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are reasonable understanding about SAP HCM, it would always be a good idea to enter the field. Since you are a fresher, I would suggest you to take up the Certification, this would help your marketability.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the advice. I needed advice on one more question. Do you think that I need to switch my module to finance or operations to increase my job prospects? I loved working on HCM module during training; but I fear there might be less job opportunities in this module. I lack a network of people working in SAP and it's hard for me to judge the momentum in the market.

Edited by: gitikadutta on Jul 8, 2011 8:29 PM

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that your background is health care. For you HCM / Finance will be one and the same. Does not matter.

Obviously, you will have more opportunities in Finance when compared to HCM.

As a finance consultant you should have the basic knowledge to other modules, including HCM.

If HCM people have knowledge of finance it would be added advantage.

You have learned HCM - there no wrong in it. Now, you can conveniently switch to Finance and use the HCM knowledge wherever it is required.

Hope this helps you.

Answers (0)