cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing parameters between Message Mapping and Filter Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a problem and hopefully I can support. I have a SOAP2RFC scenario , the SOAP message request has 3 data and only two data are required for the RFC and the outcome of the RFC must be filtered by the third parameter of the SOAP message. As I can do this?. I guess that somehow when I do the mapping of the request message should save the value of third parameter for use in mapping the response message, but not how. Thank you very much for your support.

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

While sending the data to RFC, concatenate the 3rd data with any of the field of RFC message with some tokenizer as separator,

in the RFC FM, use the separator to distinguish between the 2 field and store the 3rd data value in some variable.While response back concatenate the 3rd data value with any of the response field and in the mapping split the value based on the separator. now you have ur 3rd data value with you while response back

Hope this could solve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandra shekhar, the problem is that the BAPI is standard and not a Z. Thank you very much for the support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create ZBAPI and after splitting the fields using the separator call the standard BAPI i.e. calling the wrapper FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to necessarily create a ZBAPI? My idea was to use a standard BAPI. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not get your requirement completely,

if you wantto supress the request data before sending to RFC , you can achive this in mapping level only.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I want to expose the RFC as a Web service returns a list of services but does not allow filtering by the description of the service. My idea is to run the RFC and filtering services that match the description entered as a parameter from the request message from the Web service. I hope I have been more clear. Thank you very much for the support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use all three parameters in RFC instead of two, and filter your response based on the third parameter.

When you take only two parameters as RFC input, you don't have option to filter the response message in ERP, I suppose.

Regards

Praveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the scenario is: I want to expose an RFC as a Web service. The RFC has no parameters and returns a list of services whose data service code and description of service. The issue is that the Web service should receive as parameter a description of service and get the list of services (by RFC) that match the description entered. As I can do this??. I understand that could create a BAPI Z to perform that task specifically, but if that is how I could do??. Thank you very much.

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you need to write a ZBAPI which consists of input parameters. In that ZBAPI call the actual RFC and store the result in an internal table. Loop through the internal table and read the services that matches with the given service description and send that information as response. Expose your ZBAPI as WEbservice. Hope this will help. you.....

Thanks&Regards

Priyanka