cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job Macro not saving data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a Macro which is executed by background job. The macro is to calculate the corrected history from sales history. Whenever I am executing the job, it is not saving the data in corrected sales history key figure. I can see the sales history but not corrected sales history in planning book.

When I checked the spool list, It is saying macro executed perfectly but data is not saved.

Would appreciate if anyone can help regarding this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Macro executed successfully but not saved. There are two reasons for this

1) There is no changes in the result( old value and new result is same). in this case it wont save and no need

2) live cache inconsistency . source kefigure data is not saved properly in live cache . may be you can view it in planning book but it may not be registered in live cache. just do it livecache consistency check...then rerun the macro

Rgerads

Thennarasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sushant, also please ensure selection id and aggregate level in the activity are correct and as per your need set in the activity.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Thennarasu.M

I have checked the Livecache by executing LiveCache consistency check. It looks fine. My concern is, even if there is no change in value, I should be able to see the quantities in planning book but I am not. So I think it is not saving the data.

Would appreciate if you any other suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

1) Is it that issue for all material or some combinations only not saving?

2) did you try to execute that MACRO from intercative planning book,. if yes ,are you getting value?

3) manually put some vaues and save. then execute that macro

4) if nothing works, delete all timeseiries data from PA , and do consistency chaeck , then release values from cube and execute macro again ( try both the cases inetractive & backround)

Rgards

Thennarasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thennarasu

As per your suggestions, I deleted and recreated the time series and also did the consistency check. Even after that the data is not saving in corrected sales history.

After the background job execution, I checked the job log and spool list. In Spool list it is saying " Macro Corrected history is executed" with green indicator and "The data is not saved" with yellow indicator.

I understand if there is no change in data, system will say "The data is not saved" But since there was no that in that key figure Why it is saying the same.

Would appreciate if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks

Sushant

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant ,

I think the keyfigure value before executing the macro and after executing the macro is same.i.e old and new value is same.

in your case in planning book this KF value is blank,macro also setting the value as blank i think.

check this.And also check macro execution level in macro defination.Note that you should check results in planning book

at the level where macro is executed.i.e job aggreagate level.

Regards,

Sunitha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Thanks for your suggestions.

The problem has been solved. The input flag was not checked for history horizon in planning book design. That's why macro was executing properly but not saving values.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushanth,

Since you are talking about a key-figure value change in the history horizon just check if the key-figure in that particular planning book where the job is running is editable in the history horizon.In most of the planning book we configure planning book non-editable in history horizon.If this is not the case you can tryrunning the same macro in the foreground in /SAPAPO/SDP94 and check if is working fine.

regards,

Mukesh Pandey