cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Excel File Project Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to mass import projects that are defined under a.xls file extension.

And also a good explanation of how can I do that or an example file.

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do so by running the report DPR_DX_PROJECT.

In case you wish to configure which fields should be imported, that can be done in the customizing settings.

Please consult notes 1480595 and 1495256 for further details.

Regards,

Dolly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolly,

i am using this program to create projects. There is a parent field(not sure which attribute of the project it is referring to), no matter what i give as input against this field the project creation just fails. It says "entry in structure work book missing(with XX as name / child node). i even tried disabling the selection in the spro(configure fields for mass import-DPO_STRUC)

Appreciate your quick help.

Thanks,

Sujata

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujata;

You have to check the spreadsheet (or tabstrip) "Structure", you have a wrong structure of your project.

I really test this functiona lot of time, and i have more then 50 project uploaded.

See my profile and send to me an e-mail.

Best regards.

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mariano,

Thanks for your response. I understand how it works now. But i do not see the option to run this program on change mode. In our process, we would already have some projects created and we are trying to staff an existing project. Is there any other program which can do this job or do we need to modify this program only.

Pls reply.

Sujatha.

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sujata;

We use some BAPI's to assign staff.

Yoy have the following BAPI's:

BAPI_BUS2177_STAFFING_ADD

BAPI_BUS2177_LOAD

BAPI_BUS2177_CANDIDATE_ADD

BAPI_BUS2177_CREATE

Hope this would help you.

Best regards.

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mariano,

i was not able to upload the project using DPR_DX_PROJECT as there are some mandatory data are missing in the excel file. is it possible to send one sample file

Thanks

John