cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC-AC 5.3 CUP Functional Area and Company - How does it works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Can someone give a clue on how do Roles Attributes -> "Functional Area and Company" works?

I was imagining that it could be used a stage with Approver Determinator by "Role" , but had no success, is that the right way to use it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the companies in here are actually mapped to the companies in the user company in the backend. You could create seprtae workflows based on different companies by using a different intiator. they can also be used to filter roles by company or functional area when searching for roles.

If you can let us know what is it that you would like to do with it, maybe i can give a slightly better answer

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chinmaya,

Thanks for your reply.

In fact, I already use Company and also Functional Area in the role for filtering purposes. I do not need different initiators for different Companies.

What I really tried to do was make GRC-CUP determine the role approvers of a stage to those I informed in Configuration -> Roles -> Attributes -> "Functional Area and Company".

Consider this example: if someone ask for a role that have Functional Areas F1 and F2 and Companies C1 and C2, and I configured Funcional Area and Company F1C1 to approver A, F1C2 to approver B, F2C1 to approver C, F2C2 to approver D. Then the request would go to approvers A, B, C and D. This is sort of what I was expecting, but could not make it work.

Regards,

Vaner

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create the scenario that you have mentioned,follow the steps below to do it.

Create a "Custom approver determinator."

Select CAD type as "Attribute."

Workflow type: CUP

Select attributes Check "Role".

Select Role attributes Check "Company of role" and "Functional Area of role". then save.

The create approvers by selecting "Approvers" button.

Click on ADD button and give "role name",Company,Functional area and approver details.

You can add multiple entries for the same role with different Company and Functional area.

Hope this will help to fulfill your requirement.

Rgds, Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

Thanks for your contribution. But it did not answer my question. Actually your suggestion is exactly how I designed and implemented successfully.

What I want is to understand how GRC uses the Roles "Functional Area and Company" Attribute, where I can register the Approvers for each "Functional Area and Company" combination, INDEPENDENT of the Role.

It seems to me that it would be easier and safer to maintain the Approver in a single record for all Roles that has the Functional Area and Company combination.

In your suggestion I have to maintain the Approvers Role by Role, like I do today.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vaner,

You can try to create new custom fields for the request with a new field with Functional area & Company and maintain values.

Use this custom field in your initiator to trigger the workflow and configure the Custom Approve Determinator with Functional area & Company attributes.

In this scenario, you need not link to your roles your initiator & CADs to trigger your workflow.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srihari