cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designer support for Subquery against SAP BW Bex Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

BusinessObjects designer has an option in the paramaters window to turn on "Allow Sub-Queries" in a universe that has been created using a olap source. SAP BW BEX Query to be specific. Once turned on, you can build a query and the subquery button and functionality is actually enabled and allows you to build it. When running the query I get an error message "A filter contains a wrong value. You cannot run this query".

Now, I am pretty sure this functionality is not supported on a BW or OLAP source but, I can not find anything definitive from SAP stating that it is not supoorted. So I want to make sure that this is not one of those situations where everyone just says "It's not supported" but really just doesn't know. Does anyone have the official word or link to an SAP statement that this functionality is officially not supported.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP BW universes don't support subqueries at the moment.

I've not seen 4.0 yet but hopefully that has changed.

If it hasn't then we will seriously be considering Rapid Marts as a better long term option.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I would say is, it won't support. The reason could be, as its not support any structure view in universe designer, that means we cannot create any derived tables where we could use sql query.

I believe the same applies here too. Even if you look at LOV defintions in universe, it won't show any query.

So the same applies to reports.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Gowtham