cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

populate variant characteristics in ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, we are booking sales order using variant configuration process. we have created characteristics like grade,size, length, tdc number , tdc date, tdc customer, hardness and the compositions like carbon,manganese,boron,oxygen, hydrogen etc and assigned it to class salesspec ( class type 300 ).

TDC related details like tdc no, hardness, composition will be entered through a ZPROGRAM and the details will be stored in ZTABLE (ZTDC). Chemical composition will be stored in the fields of Ztable like (carbon minimum, carbon maximum),(Boron min , boron max) etc.Min max values will be stored in these fields pertaining to that particular TDC number. Now when we create sales order, after entering the material and clicking on variant configuration, the configuration screen comes up where the user will enter the appropriate TDC number . based on the TDC no entered by the users , the other dependent values for hardness, chemical composition needs to be automatically populated in the sales order variant configuration screen . we have created variant table in cu61 and assigned the respective ztable components to link the variant table and database table. now the problem is that the chemical composition minimum and maximum value needs to be populated in ranges in variant characteristics and that too in a single field as we have only one characteristic like carbon, manganese, boron in sales spec.

i have written dependency which is working fine for single value auto population. but for values populated in ranges the syntax is not working .how can i concatenate the minimum and maximum value in one field . please suggest me the necessary steps and object dependency syntax that will work for values to be populated in ranges in the variant characteristics field of sales order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

To concatenate values of two characteristics into a value of another characteristic, you may use the following syntax:

Imagine you have COMP (carbon, boron), MIN = (10,20) and MAX = (100,200) and want to concatenate these into on cstic, say CHAR1, the code will look like this:

$SELF.CHAR1 = COMP || MIN || MAX

so if you choose COMP = carbon, MIN = 10 and MAX = 200, CHAR1 will be caorbon10200. You may want to seperate these values using an underscore in that case you may write the syntax as

$SELF.CHAR1 = COMP || '_' ||MIN || '_' || MAX

This is only an illustration of how one can concatenate cstics. If there is more complexity, please describe with some examples. Or let me know if this solves.

-Nikhil.

Edited by: Nikhil on Jun 22, 2011 3:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

in cu01 object dependency editor i hv written :

table var_dep (name of the variant table created in CU61)

TDCNO = $ROOT.TDCNO,

TDC_CUST = $SELF.TDC_CUST,

TDC_DATE = $SELF.TDC_DATE ,

for carbon % in range :

CARBON = $SELF.CARBON )

Now either i am able to get the min value or max value. but i need both the min and max value concatenated.

the value of min and max carbon percentage is stored in Ztable as carbon_min and carbon_max. but in my variant table only one characteristic carbon which should hold the value like (carbon_min to carbon_max). but i can link only one field of variant table to one field of database table.

how can i pass the minimum and maximum value in a single characteristic using object dependency. how to concatenate min and max in one field separated by '-' e.g ( 5.75 % - 6.26 % ) . Please help by giving appropriate syntax.

thanks.