cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during upgrade to Oracle 11g on AIX 61

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I'm facing a strange problem during the upgrade procedure to Oracle 11g on AIX 61.

The step "Software installation" fails without reason despite during the prerequisite check no items in status failed were found. All of them were successfull.

The runinstaller fails with this popup:

"[INS-10008] Session Initialization failed".

Into the log there are these entries:

"Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /oracle/stage/11202/tmp/OraInstall2011-06-21_06-28-21PM. Please wait ...Exception in thread "FileSystemPreferencesHook" java.lang.SecurityException: Could not lock User prefs. Lock file access denied.

at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.checkLockFile0ErrorCode(FileSystemPreferences.java:956)

at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.lockFile(FileSystemPreferences.java:945)

at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.sync(FileSystemPreferences.java:751)

at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.flush(FileSystemPreferences.java:844)

at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.syncWorld(FileSystemPreferences.java:488)

at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.access$1200(FileSystemPreferences.java:61)

at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$5$1.run(FileSystemPreferences.java:466)

. (FAILURE) - The software installation was not successful.

. (Oracle executable /oracle/SID/11202/bin/oracle does not exist).

. ACTION: Check the OUI installation log file."

. Performing post-installation clean up tasks ...

. (OK) - OUI output log file /oracle/SID/.11ginstall_11202.oui removed successfully.

. (OK) - OUI response file /oracle/SID/.11ginstall_11202.rsp removed successfully.

. Post-installation clean up tasks completed.

I updated the Oracle Installation Scripts as for note 1524205.

Any advise ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> "Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /oracle/stage/11202/tmp/OraInstall2011-06-21_06-28-21PM. Please wait ...Exception in thread "FileSystemPreferencesHook" java.lang.SecurityException: Could not lock User prefs. Lock file access denied.

> at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.checkLockFile0ErrorCode(FileSystemPreferences.java:956)

> at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.lockFile(FileSystemPreferences.java:945)

> at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.sync(FileSystemPreferences.java:751)

> at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.flush(FileSystemPreferences.java:844)

> at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.syncWorld(FileSystemPreferences.java:488)

> at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.access$1200(FileSystemPreferences.java:61)

> at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$5$1.run(FileSystemPreferences.java:466)

>

> . (FAILURE) - The software installation was not successful.

> . (Oracle executable /oracle/SID/11202/bin/oracle does not exist).

> . ACTION: Check the OUI installation log file."

Is that file existing?

Are you installing from NFS?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not able to find any "prefs" file on AIX 61.

The problem to me here :

> . (Oracle executable /oracle/SID/11202/bin/oracle does not exist).

The correct path is :

/oracle/SID/112_64/bin

Infact into the OUI Iwhen required at the step "Location" I indicated this path as the target Oracle_home where to install the new software.

For some reason it seems the OUI does not recognize the /oracle/SID/112_64/ and continue to search for /oracle/SID/11202 that does not exist.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

at the end I found the file ; there was a ".userPrefs" file under a ".java" directory coming from a previous oracle installation .

Solved.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.SecurityException: Could not lock User prefs. Lock file access denied.

maybe the file is in use...

,maybe you do not have proper authorization at OS level for this file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really do not know if this user prefs file exist or not.

I tried already to find out as user root any "prefs" file without success.

I found some old information regarding an oracle bug during the setup of Oracle 11 on Aix 61,

(see http://peoplesoft-oracle.alokbhardwaj.com/2010/10/tip-on-oracle-11106-installation-on-aix.html)

But the fixes seems already presents into the software I'm trying to install.

Very strange as I used the same software/procedure to upgrade to oracle 11g other similar environments.....

regards