cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM not considering Rounding Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem that I have created a CTM profile and populated a Rounding Value in the Product Master (Lot Size tab). However, CTM does not appear to be considering this Rounding Value. Anyone have any ideas?

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue appears to be that it will only round planned orders on the factory but ignores the Rounding Values entered on the Distribution Centre(s). Example we have a network which is 3 location deep and is set up in transportation lanes like so:

Factory -

> Distribution Centre 1 (DC1) -

> Distribution Centre 2 (DC2)

If I place a rounding value of 50 pieces on the factory then the system does indeed create a planned order for 50 pieces. The demand to and from the DC1 are not rounded.

If I then put a rounding value of 15 pieces on the DC1 then still it does not round the demands or receipts generated by UK1B requirements, it seems to have no affect on the results what so ever. Same if I place rounding on DC2.

In the CTM profile, I have the Rounding set in the SETTINGS/TECHINICAL SETTINGS tab set to "2 Round Down Demands, Round Up receipts". However, this setting does not appear to make a difference if its selected or not, the results are still the same as described above.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can dedfine rounding value in the lot size profile also.Then attach this lot size profile in Tlane.( product specific)

Refer SAP note: 395838 for few more details.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

Thank you for your reply. We are currently using SCM 5.0 so I think this note does not apply to us. I believe that the functionality in Settings/Technical Settings and Rounding is now set in the CTM profile itself???

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check what is the settings defined in the Settings-> Master data settings->Lot sizes.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

It is set to LOT SIZES = "0 USE"

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CTM will consider the rounding value defined in the product master if you have defined

1. Rounding value in the product master

2. in the CTM profile if you have specified round up or round down.

Note:

If CTM creates orders,system uses all lot sizes except periodic lot sizes and re order point method.However CTM uses the lot sizes only for the main output product abd not for the input products and co products.

Thanks,.

nandha