cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the SNP heuristic to offset planned production by 1 bucket?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the SNP heuristic to plan production and we need to offset the planned production by one bucket (day). So if the demand falls on a Friday, the planned production should be in the Thursday bucket. I have looked at various master data for this, including period factor etc. but I cannot see a way to do it without somehow introducing a dummy operation into the PDS, which I do not want to do. I have also tried 1 day GR/GI time but the heuristic seems to ignore this completely.

All suggestions welcome!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define a fixed duration of one day in R3 and CIF the PV.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nandha,

The fixed duration is already set to 1 day. I also tried setting this to 2 days, but it made no difference. Any other ideas?

Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tested the following things in PPM.

1 Changed the fixed duration to 5 days in PPM.

2.Demand created at factory on 25.07.2011.

3. Took a Location heuristic run.

4. SNP Planned Orders created with start date 23.07.2011 and end date as 28.07.2011

Note: my factory is working for 6 days.

can you check in your SNP Global settings whether you are ignoring the GR processing time.Gr processing time will be honoured in SNP runs.

Thansk,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nandha,

Apologies, you are correct - I was looking at the production planned quantity in the buckets of the location product dataview, not the detail of the PlOrder. It does indeed react to both the duration and GR time.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Chris.