SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If for a customer under Direct Debit,if there are two contracts and a single contract account and open items are posted to contract level, as per standard SAP, whether a single payment document will be created in the same payment run for the customer or separate payment documents will be created?

My requirement is to create a single payment doc and I need to know whether this is possible in standard SAP or any enhancement is required for this?

Thanks,

Banasri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your requirement can be met by standard SAP.

However, you need to do some configuration in the settlement rules. To start with, you need to create a clearing variant, in where the clearing step will check the due amount at the contract account level.

So, in the grouping string there will be contract account and Item is due or not., where as in the sorting characteristic , it will be sorted by due date with deferal.

Once the clearing variant is created,assign the clearing variant against the clearing type 06 in the following configuration-

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Basic Functions->Open Item Management->Clearing Control->Define Specifications for Clearing Types->Define Defaults for Incoming Payments

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your requirement can be met by standard SAP.

However, you need to do some configuration in the settlement rules. To start with, you need to create a clearing variant, in where the clearing step will check the due amount at the contract account level.

So, in the grouping string there will be contract account and Item is due or not., where as in the sorting characteristic , it will be sorted by due date with deferal.

Once the clearing variant is created,assign the clearing variant against the clearing type 06 in the following configuration-

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Basic Functions->Open Item Management->Clearing Control->Define Specifications for Clearing Types->Define Defaults for Incoming Payments

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan....It is really very helpful.

Banasri