cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to SAP MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I've installed SAP MaxDB Version 7.7.07.33 64 bit, and I'm having some troubles to connect to the Database.

1- The first problem : When I open DBM Command Line Interface (dbmcli) he ask for a server name which I don't have.

2- The second one : When I use SQL Command Line Interface (sqlcli) and I try

dbmcli -d MYDATABASE-u DBADMIN,mypassword -uSQL DBM,hispassword

I get always this : * -10709: Connection failed (RTE:Database name is missing)

I checked my database name, who is : MYDATABASE

I don't know where the problem comes.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you must go through http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/maxdb

If you are not much familar with command line option then you can install the (DBM GUI Manager) GUI version where you can manage your database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I've installed Database Manager GUI, and now I can connect to my Database, but I can't execute SQL Command there.

But I still have a problem with SQL Command Line Interface (sqlcli) : Connection failed (RTE database name is missing).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to launch the SQL GUI from tools menu (I think). Not all user has permission to execute sql commands, please make sure you logon as correct userID who has permission.

Link may help: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/MaxDB/User+concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm just trying to get the authorised user by typing :

C:\Program Files\sdb\programs\pgm>dbmcli -d MYDATABASE -u DBADMIN,mypassword user_getall

EXCEPTION caught, PID: 5480, thread: DBMSrv_MainThread, code 0xc0000005 (Access violation) at IP 0x0000000000426C00, read of address 0x000000000000018C, 6-21 15:14:59 GMT

Do you know what that mean ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what that mean. But try to execute the same command from DBM GUI, i think from menu edit or tools --> command line --> user_getall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much

Answers (0)