cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding product allocation issue on ECC sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following configuration steps were completed in the APO system.

1. Maintain Product allocation object

2. Maintain Product allocation group

3. Maintain Product allocation procedure

4. Create planning object structure with the necessary characteristics

5. Maintain characteristic combination

6. Create Planning area with necessary key figures

7. Create Planning book and data view

8. Maintain connection to planning area

9. Generate Product allocation group objects

10. Generate characteristic combination from planning area

11. Allocate the stock for the CVC combination

Regardless of quantity in the planning book, it is confirming all the quantity on the sales order. This is due to the material availability date being pushed out to 12/31/2011 which seems to be the last date of the planning area time series. The values on the planning book were maintained online (manual step).

When I run the simulation of product allocation under GATP>Reporting>Product allocation,

For the product allocation group and the combinations that I have, I get the message "No allocations defined for the current characteristic combination"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDB69,

I performed all the steps that you laid out

1. Delete EVERY CVC from your allocation group. //ATPQ_CHKCAR. Ignore warnings, since this is only a dev client.

Deleted every CVC

2. Delete every CVC from your PA but one. This one should have no wild cards, a 'real' value in every field. //MC62

Deleted every CVC from PA

3. Now //MSDP_ADMIN. If you have used any characteristic other than 9AMATNR in your Planning object Structure to represent your Material, you must map Product to your 'custom' object. Likewise with Location, if you are using anything other than 9ALOCNO to represent 'Location', you must map. Mapping of 'custom' characteristics to master data (Product and location) is done in POS config Edit > Assign Product/Location in //MSDP_ADMIN.

Yes, I have custom characteristic. Now, I assigned the product and location to the appropriate characteristic. Assignment was successfully saved.

4. Reinitialize your POS //MSDP_ADMIN

Reinitialized --- Created new characteristic combination

5. Re-create your Times series objects (planning area) //MSDP_ADMIN

Recreated the time series objects

6. Check consistency of your POS. //PSTRUCONS. No errors!

No Errors on the POS as well as the characteristics

7. Re-review your Map (connection from PA to Allocation Group). Every item in your Allocation group should be mapped to its 'brother' in the PA.

Yes, checked the connection for all the characteristics and key figures between PA and Allocation group

8. Ensure you have at least one CVC, then check your allocation settings. //ATPQ_CHECK. No Red!

Yes, there is one CVC existing. Also checked allocation settings. No red.

9. Re-generate your Allocation programs. //ATPQ_RESET and then //ATPQ_GENER.

Regenerated both

10. Check planning book and view. //SP8DB, hit the 'check' icon. No red!

Checked and no red

11. If you have macros in your book, regenerate them all. //ADVM

No Macros. Nothing in this step

12. Create CVCs in the Planning area, //MC62

Already created. I have one CVC for the planning area

13. Copy CVCs to Allocation Group //ATPQ_PAREA_K

I was able to copy the CVC from planning area

14. Create Collective Characteristics //ATPQ_COLLECT

3 Characteristics combinations were created.

15. Copy the resultant CVCs from the Allocation Group back into the Planning Area //ATPQ_PAREA_C

3 characteristic combination were copied to the planning area

16. Open book, maintain Allocation quantities //SDP94

Allocated quantities

17. Close book. Copy Values into Allocation Group //ATPQ_PAREA_R

copied values

and now i maintained the order and amazingly it worked.

You rock Thanks a lot!!! Much appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

Unless you are performing the allocation check directly against the planning area (this is uncommon), you must copy all of your allocation values into the Allocation Group in order for you to be able to perform Product allocation availability check.

Here are the normal steps, once allocation is configured:

1. Create CVCs in the Planning area, //MC62

2. Copy CVCs to Allocation Group //ATPQ_PAREA_K

3. Create Collective Characteristics //ATPQ_COLLECT

4. Copy the resultant CVCs from the Allocation Group back into the Planning Area //ATPQ_PAREA_C

5. Open book, maintain Allocation quantities //SDP94

6. Close book. Copy Values into Allocation Group //ATPQ_PAREA_R

Now the allocations should be in the Allocation Group, ready for Sales order processing. You can review the CVCs in the Allocation Group, and any values contained, using //ATPQ_CHKCAR

The allocation group gets updated real-time. When you need to maintain the allocation again, you copy the data from the Allocation group back into the Planning area, incluing the updated incoming order quantities. Open the book, maintain, then re-perform the steps above.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/65/c494374c9cd355e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I followed your steps below but I still have some issues. I was not able to complete all the steps that you listed.

1. Create CVCs in the Planning area, //MC62 -

> Done

2. Copy CVCs to Allocation Group //ATPQ_PAREA_K -

> Done

3. Create Collective Characteristics //ATPQ_COLLECT -

> Done

4. Copy the resultant CVCs from the Allocation Group back into the Planning Area //ATPQ_PAREA_C

When I tried doing it, It came up with 0 Entries being copied over on to the planning area

5. Open book, maintain Allocation quantities //SDP94 -

> Done

6. Close book. Copy Values into Allocation Group //ATPQ_PAREA_R

Came up with an error message "No master data exists for the planning area"

Now the allocations should be in the Allocation Group, ready for Sales order processing. You can review the CVCs in the Allocation Group, and any values contained, using //ATPQ_CHKCAR

-

> When I performed the above transaction, I get only one valid characteristic combination listed. It does not display the other 3 characteristics that were added as part of the colletive characteristics.

Thanks

AshwinACC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

You seem to have an inconsistency somewhere, you should never get an error in these steps. You could search for hours trying to find it. Easier to just go back a few steps, since you are not in production (I hope!), and rebuild the code.

1. Delete EVERY CVC from your allocation group. //ATPQ_CHKCAR. Ignore warnings, since this is only a dev client.

2. Delete every CVC from your PA but one. This one should have no wild cards, a 'real' value in every field. //MC62

3. Now //MSDP_ADMIN. If you have used any characteristic other than 9AMATNR in your Planning object Structure to represent your Material, you must map Product to your 'custom' object. Likewise with Location, if you are using anything other than 9ALOCNO to represent 'Location', you must map. Mapping of 'custom' characteristics to master data (Product and location) is done in POS config Edit > Assign Product/Location in //MSDP_ADMIN.

4. Reinitialize your POS //MSDP_ADMIN

5. Re-create your Times series objects (planning area) //MSDP_ADMIN

6. Check consistency of your POS. //PSTRUCONS. No errors!

7. Re-review your Map (connection from PA to Allocation Group). Every item in your Allocation group should be mapped to its 'brother' in the PA.

8. Ensure you have at least one CVC, then check your allocation settings. //ATPQ_CHECK. No Red!

9. Re-generate your Allocation programs. //ATPQ_RESET and then //ATPQ_GENER.

10. Check planning book and view. //SP8DB, hit the 'check' icon. No red!

11. If you have macros in your book, regenerate them all. //ADVM

Now, perform the original 6 steps I gave you. There must be no errors.

Best Regards,

DB49