cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in creating DataServer using SQL2008 connection status is ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

I am fairly new in SAP MII , and i have been trying to create new data server using MSSQL2008 which is on my laptop(local) and i access MII in web based form. the sap MII version is 12.1.5(Build99)

this what i did

1.I have deployed JDBC 3.0 driver on system management on SAP MII

2.When creating the Data server I have done the following check below (screen dump)

Connector IDBC

ConnectorID

ConnectorType SQL

DatePrefix '

DateSuffix '

DaysRetention 7

Description mii

Enabled T

InitCommand

InternalDateFormat yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss

JDBCDriver com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

MaxRetryCount 5

Name tigo2

PoolMax 100

PoolSize 1

RetryInterval 60000

ServerPackage com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC

ServerURL jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=MII

Timeout 15

UseCount 256

UserName sa

ValidationQuery SELECT GETDATE()

WaitTime 30

3. I checked the connection of my server in Management studio which works fine

checked the port , which is fine and the firewall exception changed it to except SQL SERVER PORT 1433

but i still get the connection status error: tried locating the logviewer to see what the problem is cant retrieve anything

Kindly guide me in the right path for im runnin out of ideas. I installed the JDBC driver on the laptop and made CLASSPATH to point to that folder STILL no luck.

and with regards to viewing the LOGviewer I truely have no IDea how to do that , I have tried to check on the forum nothing helped.

Edited by: Tigomezge on Jun 21, 2011 3:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Below threads might help to resolve your issue:

[Thread 1|]

[Thread 2|]

[Thread 3|]

Regards,

Adarsh

Edited by: Adarsh Sidnoor on Jun 21, 2011 11:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have checked the threads you provided nothing helped they just saying things that i have done already

whats the purpose of the una2000.jar driver. i seem not to have it on the system management.just thinking maybe it could be that cause the majority talked about that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tigo,

There are a variety of reasons that could produce a status of "Error", the log files are good for pinpointing possible causes, so learning to read them is essential. Here are some of the possible causes:

1. wrong port

2. wrong pw

3. wrong db name

4. db not running

5. incorrect character in connection string (causes a null pointer exception)

6. Firewall issue (blocked port?)

There are also settings inside of MSSQL 2008 relating to dynamic ports, though I'm not sure if this would cause the issue. One thing you might try is leaving the port number off the connection string.

The Una2000.jar file is just another MSSQL driver, used for earlier versions of MSSQL. If you have the correct sqljdbc.jar file, you should be able to connect.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You mentioned that you have installed jdbc driver on your laptop.

Have you installed jdbc in your local drive of laptop or in XMII server.

upload jdbc 3.0 in System Management -> JDBC driver.

and deploy it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/en/43/e80b59ad40719ae10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

plz check this blog

/people/abesh.bhattacharjee/blog/2008/01/23/xmii-120-connecting-to-a-microsoft-sql-server-2000

Thanks

Anshul

Edited by: Anshul Sahu on Jun 21, 2011 10:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana

I have tried what you have suggested nothing helped at all

I recreated the Dataservers, My database is working perfectly I can ping it which gives me the default IP :127.0.0.1

and its listerning on port 1433 and port 1434. checked my TCP/IP connection which is enabled and default port is

1433 and dynamic ports are empty for all of them.

SAP MII 12.1.5 in system management -> JDBC Drivers theres only upload ,refresh,delete and help buttons, when i upload the status shows that it has been deployed which is ok.

on the laptop I have installed C drve -> program files my JDBC driver is installed there and CLASSPATH has been created. do i need to have JDK or Not of which I doubt this for you only need JRE which Im Using 1.6.0_25

I noticed that others had a problem with MSSQL 2008 R2,the one Im using at the moment is MSSQL2008 RTM enterprise

dont know if this will make a diff.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul

yes i have done all this I have explained it to Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tigo,

I had a question, in the original post you said you are trying to connect to MSSQL 2008 which is installed on your laptop - is MII installed on your laptop as well?

If that is the case then the Server URL parameter value is correct , if that is not the case then instead of the local host you need to supply the IP of your laptop in that parameter and then try connectiong.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Udayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent point Udayan! I have found that an incorrect IP address produces the dreaded "Pending" Status.

I would love to have a look at the log files

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Jun 22, 2011 9:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Udayan

no MII is not installed on the laptop its sep

2 i have tried using ur way still not working but i think it has to do with the IP address , since im connecting via IP to server

go point I must say

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Diana

the logs you would be great to check. this but can seem to get around this

how can one view the logviewer , since i'm accessing MII on my Laptop , is there a way of setting this up

truly sorry for the trouble guys I normally don't ask questions but at the moment im stuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Diana

the logs you would be great to check. this but can seem to get around this

how can one view the logviewer , since i'm accessing MII on my Laptop , is there a way of setting this up

truly sorry for the trouble guys I normally don't ask questions but at the moment im stuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tigo,

Assuming you have permission to view the log files, you would go to the MII main menu under System Management -> Log Viewer.

Thanks,

Diana

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Jun 22, 2011 3:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tigo,

Another thought - do you have remote desktop access to the MII server or can you get on the server itself? If so, can you ping your machine by name and see if the IP address matches what you expect, just to rule out a DNS issue?

- Diana

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tigo,

You can try this,

Install SQL Server Management Studio on MII server (where MII is installed, should already have one if you have installed NW on SQL DB, if not, install one) and then try to access DB installed on your laptop from there using the IP address (not local host).

If it works fine then atleast one thing can be confirmed that your DB is accessible outside of your laptop (means no TCP/IP or port or firewall issues).

Also, When you unzip the Driver exe file (i mean install), usually you will find 2 jar files,

1) sqljdbc.jar

2) sqljdbc4.jar

Use of these jar files purely depends on the Java installed on the system. refer to this link on more details:

[Choosing Right JAR File|http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms378422.aspx]

Let us know how it goes

Regards,

Adarsh

Edited by: Adarsh Sidnoor on Jun 22, 2011 7:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh

sorry for the late reply But

Yes management studio is installed on the SAP box.

I read the link that you provided i think this could be the case i will def. inform you the outcome

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all

managed to figured this out

i used the jdbc2.0 driver , dont know what was wrong with the jdbc 3.0

and the server url all you do is jdbc:sqlserver:// <IPaddress>; database= <dbname> and save it

check status and it working remember this will work if sap mii and sql server are within the same network .

Q: does any one know how to connect to create data server using cellphone 3G. the IP Address given is not

what SAP MII sees. since the network providers assigns diff ip addresses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all

managed to figured this out

i used the jdbc2.0 driver , dont know what was wrong with the jdbc 3.0

and the server url all you do is jdbc:sqlserver:// <IPaddress>; database= <dbname> and save it

check status and it working remember this will work if sap mii and sql server are within the same network .

Q: does any one know how to connect to create data server using cellphone 3G. the IP Address given is not

what SAP MII sees. since the network providers assigns diff ip addresses.

Answers (0)