cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristic - demand split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I use SNP Heuristic to plan my critical components based on the FG forecasts. There is a scenario wherein we have 2 FGs ex. FG1 and FG2 and both have the same component SFG1. SFG1 has two BOMs, Alt BOM1 with component RM1 and alt BOM 2 with RM2. So SFG1 has two PDS, PDS1 and PDS2. Now when there is a demand on FG1 the system should plan FG1 ---> SFG1 ---> 'RM1'. Similarly when there is a demand on FG2 system should inturn plan the SFG1 but here plan RM2, i.e, FG2 ---> SFG1 ---> 'RM2'

Additional info, planning happens together for all FGs hence there is no option of lock/ unlocking the relevant Prod version. The demand on RM1 and RM2 should be transcended proportional to FG1 and FG2 demand respectively. This might sound a bit Hypothetical but I was wondering is there a way in which this can be approached with APO Heuristic or other engines ? Your suggestions please.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try this scenario by defining SFG1 as Phantom provided note 900843 is not implemented in your system.

For FG1 - Create a PV - Assign Alt BOM1 with SFG1 as input component.( No need to create Alt 2)

For FG2- Create a PV - Assign Alt BOM2 with SFG1 as input component.( Create Alt 1 and make it as inactive )

Define SFG1 as Phantom item and create two PV's for SFG1

PV1- with Alt1 - RM1 as Component

PV2- with Alt2 - RM2 as component.

Case1 :If you CIF the FG1 PV , since ALT BOM 1 is assigned in the PV, system will explode corresponding alternate in the case of Phantom SFG1. Since the corresponding ALT1 contains RM1 as input component , this will be picked up in the PPM.Now if this Source of supply is picked up in the heuristic run , RM1 will be planned.

Case2 :If you CIF the FG2 PV , since ALT BOM 2 is assigned in the PV, system will explode corresponding alternate in the case of Phantom SFG1. Since the corresponding ALT2 contains RM2 as input component , this will be picked up in the PPM.Now if this Source of supply is picked up in the heuristic run , RM2 will be planned.

Please refer the mentioned notes for further details. This notes should not be implemented in system.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Nandha, this note being PI/ XI relevant (how it influences the APO master data is a bit puzzling) this software component is currently not applicable to our system.

I replicated the scenario using Phantom item but system doesnt correctly pick the component. Need to clarify that I use PDS in my scenario but i see in the note and also in your explanation its for PPM. I was wondering can you please comment if this can be solved also with usage of PDS ?