cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available stock shortfall of & in interim storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am doing the movement type 261 in MIGO with reference to a reservation.

I am working with Warehouse Management and I want to know why the system is defined in automatic the storage type 100?

When I am doing the movement 261, I know that I have stock in the storage type 007 and I am putting this, but, the system is showing the following error message:

100000000026; Available stock shortfall of 10.000 M2 in interim storage bin

Message no. L9040

Diagnosis

In Customizing, the setting is such that no negative stock is allowed in storage type 100. However, this posting will cause negative stock to exist in storage bin HE01 of storage type 100.

For my storage type 100 I do not have defined any strategy in the customising.

Could you help me with this, please?

Kind regards.

SP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You sjhould check your WM/PP interface settings.

If it is active, it means you are using material staging and in this case storage type 100 serves as interface to MM-IM (=interim storage types).

It means first you have to do material staging in WM (transfer the goods to storage type 100) and when posting the GI against your production order, the compoennts will be consumed from there (s.t. 100).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for response!

I checked the settings, and I think I have this active, could you let me know some of these settings?

And, when you said: "If it is active, it means you are using material staging and in this case storage type 100 serves as interface to MM-IM "

I presume that it is active, but, where you define that storage type 100 should serve as interface to MM-IM? Is something in the customising? or is is the ABAP program? May I change this value? For examle, instead of 100 that can be 914.

Please, let me know your feedback.

Kind regards,

SP

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Searching on the forum you can find threads about WM/PP interface settings.

()

Whether WM/PP interface is active it depends on your config and master data as well.

You should check:

- config: SPRO > LE > WM > Interfaces > Define Production

- master data: routing (proper work center is assigned), work center (proper production supply area), material master(FG) (production scheduling profile), control cycle (components)

In standard system storage type 100 is defined as an interim storage type (you can compare it to storage type 902, 914, 916, etc). In control cycles (WM master data; LPK1/LPK2/LPK3) you define for each components which is the production storage type.

In standard system storage type 914 is not used with material staging. 914 s.t. related scenario: GI (261) --> stock removel from normal storage type to interim storage type (914).

100 s.t. related scenario: stock removal from normal s.t. to interim s.t. 100 --> GI (261).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Your information was excellent!

Many thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

SP

Answers (0)