cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger Workbench access - restrict users to Message Monitor only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Does anyone know if it's possible to restrict users to Message Monitor only access in the Seeburger Workbench?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

if by "restrict" you mean if you can change the links available in the workbench, then sadly no - this is currently not possible. If you're ok with getting a HTTP Forbidden when clicking on other links than the Message Monitor, then yes - this can be configured within the SAP NetWeaver Administrator -> Identity Management. Check for example to documentation of the Message Monitor

Extracted from there:

Log on to the NetWeaver Administrator (NWA).

Open Operation Management | Users and Access | Identity Managemet (UME).

Create a role and assign the manage action for com.seeburger.xi.frontend.messageidmonitor to that role.

Now you can assign the newly created role to any user you want to grant access to the SEEBURGER Message ID Monitor.

This is for explicitly granting some user the access to the Message Monitor. The manage action is per default set to "Everyone". You need to remove Everyone on the corresponding frontends (search for actions with name com.seeburger.xi.frontend*)

Hope that helps

Greetings

-Sascha-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha

Thanks for the response. Is the suggested solution restricted to a particular release of Seeburger / XI-PI?

We are using XI, and com.seeburger.xi.frontend.messageidmonitor is not one of the available actions available in the list in User Management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

as the functionality is core-functionality for all web apps deployed on the NetWeaver it may depend on the NetWeaver release.

Additionally I think it might be possible that the name changed. Can you search for "seeburger" and see if there is another action which reads like monitor and/or messageid? Or if you can give me the exact version number, I may have a look myself.

Greetings

-Sascha-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha and All,

Good day.

I would want to ask the same question too. We would want to limit the access of our users in Seeburger and restrict them in being able to add and edit mapping variables and splitters. Do you have any idea how to do this? I've been circling around Google and from what I understand, I need to edit the roles in UME. I tried removing the role "Everyone" to other users, but it seems that it is not being allowed.

I also found Action "seeburger-admin" on the Role "Everyone". I like to edit this and remove the action, but, as far as I understand, in ABAP, SAP standard roles are not to be edited. And, with that, I think that SAP Standard roles in JAVA/UME should not be edited as well. Is this correct, or can we edit role "Everyone"?

Thanks!

Jonlee

Edited by: Jonlee Carillo on Feb 1, 2012 7:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

Same as Jonlee's question above, i would also like to know if it is feasible to restrict the access for applications like "mapping variables" and "splitters".