cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quanitity into price calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While creating the sales order with UOM has H( Hours) i.e. when i am creating the sales order and giving the quanityt has 1hr 5 minitues, i.e. 1.05 system is automatically taking the value has 1.050 and the calculation is not happening correctly for ex: Price fper Hour is 100 rs and when i am giving 1.05 i.e. 1 hour and 5 mins system is picking the value 105 where it should pick 108.60. this is not hapenning. but instead of enetering 1hr 5 min i am entering 65 mins system is picking the price. The requirement is in the quantity filed user needs ti enter hours and minutes i.e. 1.05/1.10 etc.

Kindly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simplest solution would be -

In VK11, in field "Unit" give MINUTES, thus 100RS for 60MINUTES

In VA01, let user fill in MINUTES. e.g. 70MINUTES

Calculation shall be correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats right and exactly what I suggested.

Condition records and sales order in minutes.

Regards,

Amit

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For my learning, what did you talk about - Alt Cal type & take the help of ABAPer?

A general comment - your posts are helpful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apologize for that.

Didnt actually put up my thoughts in my 1st post..and just assumed I did so !!

However, I did suggest

Maintain condition records in minutes

Regards,

Amit

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

My intention is NOT to put you "in the spot".

I want to learn about Al Cal type & your suggestion (above mentioned). Therefore I asked.

I am a beginner and want to learn what is Al Cal type + its practical uses.

Because I have seen many useful posts from you, thus my request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternate calculation type in pricing is a formula for calculation of a particular condition type.

If you check std pricing procedure RVAA01 in V/08, you would see that some condition types like Net value, net price, Rounding off are assigned Alt calculation type from std routines.

These routines contain ABAP code which tells the system how the condition value is to be calculated, taking into consideration rate and condition base value. Std SAP has given quite a few which should fulfill our requirement.

However, in case of complex pricing requirements you may need to create a routine in VOFM, ask the ABAPer to write the code/logic and assign it in V/08.

Hope that clears your doubt.

Given below are a couple of threads which would help you more into it.

[Alt Calc Type|;

[Pricing Alternative Calculation Type|;

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhinav..... Better u explore unit of mesaurement in basic data for that serive/produt. Try to maintain like 60 min = 1 hrs instead of maintiang 1 hrs. = 60 min. What will happne is when u maintain 60 min = 1 hours and user enter 65 min it will convert in to hour as 1.08xx I mean to sau exact in hour. Try it will help you for sure.

Thanks

DK

Edited by: Dwarkesh Thakkar on Jun 22, 2011 4:16 PM

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your calculation is incorrect!

If you want 1hr and 6minutes = 1.1hrs

If you want 1hr and 5minutes = 1.08hrs (approx)

Just use a calculator, before inputting values in SAP, e.g. 5min = 5/60 = 0.8.... and then fill it in SAP.

Or change to filling UoM etc. in minutes 1hr and 5 min = 65min.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

The requirement is when i am creating sales order for 1.05 mins user will enetr 1.05 mins system must intrenally calculate the price and provide the reults. As per the trialing mail what you have mentioned, user every time needs to calculate the quantity and must incorporate there is a manual process involved, once again i am explaining the requirement if Users enters the quanitiy i.e. time user 1hr 5 mins 1.05 system must have to calculate the proces internally i.e. for eg. Per hour prices is 100 rs when i am billing for 1 hr 5 mins system should automatically picks the price 108.68 if i am maintaining 65 mins in the quantity it is picking but when i am maintaining in hrs i.e. 1.05 system is giving 105.

Regards

Abhi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I understand your requirement.

The problem is you are using 2 "systems"; therefore SAP can not understand it.

System 1 => 1hr = 1

System 2 => 5min = 0.05

But 0.05, when calculated with information from system1; then 0.05 = 3minutes & NOT 5 minutes.

If the user gives the time in ONE system then it shall work. e.g. it takes 1hr and 5minutes; user gives 65minutes in system. Then it shall work.

I think this much data entry has to be done by the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Yes, you understanding is correct. How to make the system to calculate by giving the quanityt has 1hr 5 mins= 108.60.

is there any workaround solution available.

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an Alt Calculation type routine in which convert your hours and minutes into minutes.

For eg: 1 hr 5 mins = 65 mins.

1hr = 100 rs

60 mins = 100 rs

i.e 1 min = 1.68 Rs

Maintain condition records in minutes or hours and write the logic in the routine as :

1.68 * (converted minutes) = condition amount

Take the help of your ABAPer for that.

Regards,

Amit

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

In the sales order the user would have to fillin what? (say for 65minutes)

(after doing as you have advised)