Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting ME52N

madan_bhirangi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is one requirement which I am not sure how to deal with. Some users in business have access to ME52n while others have only display access i.e ME53n.

Business wants to extent the access of display users to be able to change 1 field on PR in ME52n.

Can we restrict some users in such a way that they can only access 'Purchasing Group' field while changing a purchase requisition in ME52n? The rest of users should be able to change everything in ME52n as usual.

Thanks,

Madan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 (config.) options I think:

1. copy tx ME52N, create new field selection(s) to restrict to specific field, assign to Users

2. create a variant transaction using shd0 and use Variant Groups

Variant groups

An extension of the standard variants is involved in the variant groups; the standard groups are often insufficient:

Different users (groups) should work with different variants;

Some users should be able to execute a transaction with different variants.

This is possible - in addition to the advantages that the standard variants offer - with variant groups:

Variants from variant groups are automatically applied, but only for users that are assigned to them.

A user can be assigned to several groups and can change the assignment.

The values of the groups are not applied in the batch input mode.

If a transaction is started with another transaction variant, the values are not additionally applied to a variant group.

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a help of your Basis consultant and ask them to give authorization for ME52N for user ID which you want

Regards

Kailas Ugale

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not possible to restrict the authority at field level in a transaction.

former_member193326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the purchasing group you have the following authorization object, that it´s checked in the transaction ME52N

M_BANF_EKG

and with the following activity codes:

01 Create or generate

02 Change

03 Display

06 Delete

08 Display change documents

So you only need to set diferent roles to different users, having the roles a different value for this authorization object.

Best Regards,

Arminda

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do this.Please check with your security team then they create authorisation roles according to your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be only possible by authorization.

first you need to create different roles for the users as per your requirement.

then give the different role as required.