cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY Setup problems!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am having a quite a few issues with my managed systems in Solution Manager and I believe they are all related to the way SMSY stores these products and sets the product versions. Once the LANDSCAPE_FETCH job runs the systems are logged and recorded in SMSY incorrectly.

Does anyone know if there is a note which fixes these issues or a document expaining how to set this up?

Many thanks in advance

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if your systems are correctly defined in your SLD. On your ABAP systems - run RZ70 to update the SLD automatically if you haven't already done this. On your Java systems, setup the SLD supplier bridges to update your central SLD automatically.

- Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav

All of that has been done and all systems are reporting into the SLD. I have looked at the systems and they all appear fine, however for example our BW system in SMSY is recorded as a ECC System?

Thanks

Phil

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP note 1429764.

Thanks

Sunny

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Don't waste your time with SAP note 1429764.

All that applies is the title. It is a manual solution you have already mentioned you have done.

You said you created the entries in SMSY (manual process), and when the landscape_fetch job runs the product assigments change. This note recommends making the product changes manually, as the manual changes will not be over-written when landscape_fetch runs. It is also just applicable to SP22, which you may or may not be on, but the point is you have already mentioned the steps you took and they involve implementing the solution described in SAP Note 1429764, and you still have the issue.

What is your SP level? That would be helpful in finding a Solution.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Paul - we are currently on Stack 26.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Phil,

Can I ask is SAP Note 1405878 - version 26 implemented on your Solution Mananger system?

If it is not implemented, or not at version 26, I would recommend doing so.

Often this step is missed when upgrading SP levels, and this Note will correct many issues that can arise if it is not implemented and kept current.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul

I have implemented that note now and some items seem to be fixed, however I think there is going to have to be some manual assignment of products in SMSY some are still logged incorrectly.

0 Kudos

Hello.

We experienced such inconsistencies after some upgrades.

Some systems used to have for example version ERP 6.0 and were used in logical component and solution with this version.

After upgrade in EHP4 for ERP 6.0, the synchronisation with SLD was not able to change the leading active version.

So we had to assign manually the version, create new logical component and replace them in Solutions.

(be carefull : the modification of main version may have an impact on Solution Monitoring)

Regards.

David

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, when you manually change the product assignment and you have already setup System Monitoring, you will find that you may need to setup System Monitoring for that system again, so you may want to have your customization documented before you make the change.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per my view, this is common, it cause due to duplicate objects maybe with the same SIDs or Hostnames in SMSY ,\Chk the notes suggested by Stuart here [|]

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

I have checked those notes, unfortunately they either cannot be implemented or for a lower product version.

Thanks for the help.

Phil