cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MDM APIs work in CE 7.2 landscape?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement to fetch data from MDM tables and display in WD Java applications. We have to use MDM APIs for that. Our landscape is as follows:

Portal server is on CE 7.2

MDM Server version is 7.1 SP05

Now, the major problem is, in order to establish a connection to repository by MDM API, we need to provide "MDM System Alias" in the code. This alias is for the system of type MDM created in portal system administration --> System Config.

As far as I know, we need this alias created if we want to establish a connection. But following documentation on help.sap.com says that MDM Business Package isn't supported for CE 7.2 version. And until we deploy MDM BP, system template of type MDM isn't avaialble on portal.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm71/helpdata/en/5e/48a04270600d31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm (See the Prerequisites section)

What should we do in this case? Is it so that MDM APIs are not supported for CE 7.2 version at all? Or is there any other way to achive it?

Please help me with your valuable inputs.

Thank You,

Ameya

Edited by: Ameya Pimpalgaonkar on Jun 21, 2011 12:12 PM

Edited by: Ameya Pimpalgaonkar on Jun 21, 2011 12:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ameya

SAP NW CE 7.2 has supported in SAP MDM 7.1 SP7 :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4D/885F32B97D14AEE10000000A42189C/frameset.htm

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kanstantsin Chernichenka,

Thank you very much for the reply. There is no way I can do this in SP 05? or do I have to upgrade to SP7 only? I am not sure if we can upgrade to SP7 that's why I am a bit concerned.

And it is supported in SP07 means that I can deploy a business package for MDM on CE 7.2, only if MDM SP is 07?

Ameya

Edited by: Ameya Pimpalgaonkar on Jun 21, 2011 12:54 PM

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mdm7.1 sp4 is enough, which can work with CE7.2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ameya

According SAP declaration you should upgrade your SAP MDM installation to SP7

I'm not sure that new MDM Java API package will be work correctly under old SAP MDM service pack but you can try to check it.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

absolutely no need for mdm sp7 upgrade. sp5 is good to go.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

There is no need to upgrade, MDM 7.1 SP05 Java API are supported and I dont see anyissues in that. You just need to modify your existing code/way to create connections. Are you having some kind of prebuilt MDM Java API framework?

Cheers,

Arafat

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your experience is quite old, which are based on NW7.

i think no mdm system in CE.

you will configure the trust connection between CE and MDM

In CE, we are not using BP for MDM. SAP provide something new and more powerful.

please check the following doc in SDN.

How to Build Web Applications Using MDM Web Dynpro Components.

MDM java api is supported in CE.