SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing flow with stock -> Integration to FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

my customer would like to have the FM budget check only when the warehouse orders from the supplier (on the warehouse FC)

For this purpose I implemented a fix FC assignment, whenever the "Inventory Flag" is avtive. For specific movement types, I implemented an assignment of statistical commitment item.

Now I face the following problem:

When posting the Purchase Order, everything works fine (I can see in the trace of FMDERIVE, that the inventory flag is active and therefore, the FC will be filled)

When posting a goods receipt (TA MIGO) on the same Purchase Order, the Inventory flag is no more active as I see in trace. The system throws error message FC is not filled.

Do you know this issue and what to do?

Thanks a lot for any hint,

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have some information that may help you with your issue:

- Please check if you have defined in FMDERIVE a derivation rule to clear commitment item or funds center field. You should adjust FMDERIVE in order to avoid that FMDERIVE overwrites the inherited account assignment if you wish to maintain the account assignment across the whole MM document chain.

- You need to set the field status of the field FLG_INVNTRY_PSTNG in purchase order to 'Display' in order to ensure the use of the automatically derived account assignments.

- On the other hand, you are posting a Goods receipt (MIGO, probably movement type 101) where the related business transaction is RMWE. If this is your case it is correct that the Inventory posting flag is not relevant in this case as it is not an inventory posting.

If you want to get business transaction RMWA, you need to post Goods issues and use a different movement type, i.e. 201K

I believe that you are using scenario 1. Note 700485 says:

a) for scenario 1:

A statistical commitment item must be derived for all goods issue postings concerning the warehouse (process RMWA in field

TRANSAC). Since the relevant account assignments are already entered with the purchase order for the FM, SAP recommends to change these to mandatory fields by means of the field status.

Process RMWA is Goods Movement, done by transaction MB11.

Process RMWE is Goods receipt for purch. order

Please check your trace log and see which process appears there, I believe that trace shows process RMWE and flag

FLG_INVNTRY_PSTNG not marked when you are in MIGO.

May you so kind to clarify RMWE from MM point of view? Is it correct to create RMWE, movement 101 for stock?

It seems to be that the standard program is not considering your example with RMWE as a stock movement, it is expecting a RMWA process to be able to have the flag FLG_INVNTRY_PSTNG marked.

Please refer carefully to the Warehouse concepts documentation. In order to bypass this error, you should work under one of the Warehouse scenarios supported by SAP and adjust your customizing accordingly.

In the link below the warehouse concepts are described with the related business transactions: (purchase requisition, purchase order, and goods issue).

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/f0/ca3f50260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Plase check the complete link, specially:

- the example of customizing settings for Scenario 1 available there (graphic);

- a posting Example Warehouse Concept 1;

- Posting Example for Consumable Materials and,

- Overview of Posting Ex. Consumable Materials/Warehouse Concepts

I believe that this will help you with your issue.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check if note 1467663 is implemented in the system? Additionally, please read carefully note 700485 and check if the recommendations posted there are applied.

Regards,

Eli

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have some information that may help you with your issue:

- Please check if you have defined in FMDERIVE a derivation rule to clear commitment item or funds center field. You should adjust FMDERIVE in order to avoid that FMDERIVE overwrites the inherited account assignment if you wish to maintain the account assignment across the whole MM document chain.

- You need to set the field status of the field FLG_INVNTRY_PSTNG in purchase order to 'Display' in order to ensure the use of the automatically derived account assignments.

- On the other hand, you are posting a Goods receipt (MIGO, probably movement type 101) where the related business transaction is RMWE. If this is your case it is correct that the Inventory posting flag is not relevant in this case as it is not an inventory posting.

If you want to get business transaction RMWA, you need to post Goods issues and use a different movement type, i.e. 201K

I believe that you are using scenario 1. Note 700485 says:

a) for scenario 1:

A statistical commitment item must be derived for all goods issue postings concerning the warehouse (process RMWA in field

TRANSAC). Since the relevant account assignments are already entered with the purchase order for the FM, SAP recommends to change these to mandatory fields by means of the field status.

Process RMWA is Goods Movement, done by transaction MB11.

Process RMWE is Goods receipt for purch. order

Please check your trace log and see which process appears there, I believe that trace shows process RMWE and flag

FLG_INVNTRY_PSTNG not marked when you are in MIGO.

May you so kind to clarify RMWE from MM point of view? Is it correct to create RMWE, movement 101 for stock?

It seems to be that the standard program is not considering your example with RMWE as a stock movement, it is expecting a RMWA process to be able to have the flag FLG_INVNTRY_PSTNG marked.

Please refer carefully to the Warehouse concepts documentation. In order to bypass this error, you should work under one of the Warehouse scenarios supported by SAP and adjust your customizing accordingly.

In the link below the warehouse concepts are described with the related business transactions: (purchase requisition, purchase order, and goods issue).

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/f0/ca3f50260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Plase check the complete link, specially:

- the example of customizing settings for Scenario 1 available there (graphic);

- a posting Example Warehouse Concept 1;

- Posting Example for Consumable Materials and,

- Overview of Posting Ex. Consumable Materials/Warehouse Concepts

I believe that this will help you with your issue.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Thanks to Vanessa and Eli for the detailed answers. I will check with the MM colleagues if the approach to use RMWE is correct in this case.