cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP integration-Scripting Concern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In general when SAP Integration is done, some scripting contexts are created automatically as a result to include some standard script contents. For eg. u201CMA Lock" gets created for MA Load target. All such scripts will have a certain SAP specific naming convention for external ids.

We have not yet implemented SAP integration in our ESO system - hence we do not have any scripts present.

My doubt is if I create my own custom scripts for MA Load and MA Create context to accomodate custom scripting requirements, then at a later point of time if SAP integration is done will that result in overwriting of the custom script contents or more importantly cause any conflicts with SAP integration as such?

Please advise.

Thanks

Immanuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Immanuel,

Yes in general if SAP ships a custom script (e.g. for integration between CLM and ECC) when you deploy the script it will replace what you have. But this deployment is a manual step performed by you, so you have an opportunity to incorporate your own logic into the script (e.g. custom validation prior to publishing). In addition, SAP generally includes the complex logic as compiled Java code in their JAR files and not as script. The script tends to simply call a class. Therefore, in the most likely scenario they would update the Jar file if future changes are needed, and you would not have to necessarily revisit the script.

Then again, any custom coding (including queries) will require revisiting when performing an upgrade. For example, in version 7, SAP renamed most of the classes and changed the way queries access display names of master data. It behooves the development team to completely understand the impact of an upgrade, address any changes that might impact custom logic, and test as appropriate.

Hope this helps

-Howie Wexler

Crafty Systems, Inc.