Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment term copy control

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I am testing one scenario in which i need to maintain condition record of condition ABC with payment term. But i dont want to copy payment term in sales order item level. I am wondering where is the configuration of copying payment term from customer master record or condition record.

Currently payment term at header level is coming from customer master record and at item level it is coming from condition record. I want to copy from customer master in both cases and also want to maintain condition record with payment term. I know its strange but I have to do this.

Any suggestions please.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why are you maintaining a condition record with Payment terms if you dont want it at item level?

You may remove payment terms from the condition table and access sequence !!

By default SAP copies payment terms from Customer Master at both header and item levels. However if you maintain a condition record, this will override the master data data and get populated at item level.

You may have to use userexit MV45AFZZ and write the logic under FORM USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP

with the help of you ABAPer.

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: Amit Iyer on Jun 21, 2011 3:33 PM

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no payment term field in condition table and access sequence but still it it being copied from condition record at item level.

When i maintain condition record of standard condition in VK11 there comes field of payterm term. I dont think so this payment term field comes from any condition table or access sequence. I think this is in standard VK11 screen because it comes in every condition's record screen.

I just want to know how to prevent this payment term to get copied into sales order line item base.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the condition type for which you are maintaining Payment Terms in VK11?

(....for which PT is getting assigned at item level)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For your scenario there is no need to maintain Payment terms in condition records.

SAP has provided Payment Term field in condition records to enter Payment terms for a particular combination of pricing. when you enter payment terms in condition records systems considers that the mentioned payment term is preferred for particular combination.

Ramchandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I just want to know how to prevent this payment term to get copied into sales order line item base.

1sit of all...When you maintain condition record for pricing in VK11, nothing is copied to sales order apart from price / discount / freight / tax.

Fields that are put in condition table and there by in access sequence are used for validating values in sales order and condition record.

2nd...Payment terms is copied from customer master to both level i.e. sales order header and item level .

You can remove / change it at item level if you want to...but then in case removal, header level payment terms will be applicable to all items or particular item

Kindly let me if this is helpful to you

regards,

SAGAR

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramachandra, Sagar,

Good posts!

I have a MORE BASIC Question -

If you have agreed with customer that payment terms would be Z001. This has been put in CMR (XD01).

While create a sales order, the pterms are defaulted from CMR (i.e. Z001).

If at line item level you change payment terms (to say ZZ02) then you are Going AGAINST the agreed terms. AND IS RIGHT?

(in some special cases, maybe you have talked with your customer and changed the payment terms; but NOT that you make a setting in system that payment terms are different in item level than in CMR)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do the below -

In your pricing procedure OVKK -

e.g.

10 PR00

20 K004

100 Z100 (right at the bottome of your procedure)

In VK11, maintain -

PR00 Payment terms (e.g. 0001) - what every Payment terms you want to have.

Z100 maintain the pt of same as in the CMR

Then in VA01, item level - you shall get pt from Z100 which is same as payment terms from CMR.

Thus in sales order, Header and Line item shall have the same payment terms. & your condtion record (in VK11) e.g. PR00 can have their own PT.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

did you try what i had suggested?

try it, it might help.

i have suggested it after testing.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the standard behaviour and not based on any copy controls. The payment terms maintained in the customer master and in the condition records are both master data. At line item level in the sales order...the payment terms maintained in the condition records will have priority over the value copying from header (not copied directly from customer master to line item).

You are not explaining the business requirement/scenario for maintaining the payment terms in condition records...and still do not want to be determined in the sales order line items. As we are aware, different payment terms for different line items will also lead to invoice split.

If you know the required validations...you can handle the requirement through user exits for the payment terms value at item level (value from header or value from condition record).

Please explain the reason for this business requirement.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are saying -

"The payment terms maintained in the customer master and in the condition records are both master data. At line item level in the sales order...the payment terms maintained in the condition records will have priority over the value copying from header (not copied directly from customer master to line item)."

Can you explain exactly which condition type and explain more about P Terms in condition records?

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Type Writer,

Please open a new thread for your question instead of using the thread raised by some one else. The actual topic is getting deviated.

Before raising the thread, it is good to make a small search in SDN for your query.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What you said about P Terms with condition record has been discuss in depth by members in earlier posts. They have concluded that it is NOT possible to have P terms with cond records, which then are defaulted to item level of sales order.

Please see posts by Sagar and Ramachandran.

I too donot think p terms from condition records are possible. Therefore I request you to elaborate.

If you are adivsing p terms.. cond record - then please explain fully.

This is not a new question, this is an impoartant part to this thread.

I hope this makes it clear. If you have any advise for me, then please do share it.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Typewriter,

They have concluded that it is NOT possible to have P terms with cond records

You can maintain payment terms for the individual condition record. Not sure why it has been concluded as not possible to maintain.

The person who raised the thread is already maintaining the payment terms at condition record level and hence the question is not about the possibility of doing that or the process to do that. It is about the priority of determining the payment terms at item level.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You are correct with both your points, that -

1. "You can maintain payment terms for the individual condition record."

2. "The person who raised the thread is already maintaining the payment terms at condition record level and hence the question is not about the possibility of doing that or the process to do that. It is about the priority of determining the payment terms at item level."

Many thanks for your post,

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for late reply.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

Dear MR. Ravi my business scenario is this.

We have some static conditions in our pricing procedure to calculate Sales policy incentives. We have maintained conditioned records with slabs as per sales policy. For example if a customer buys 100 Refrigerator he will get Rs 100 discount per Ref but after clearance of invoice. For this purpose we have create reserves with static conditions. In those conditions we have to maintain payment terms for calculating due date. At month end we have Z application with our logic to post incentives as per sales policy. This Z application checks whether the sale is cording to sales policy and also whether the invoices are cleared or not. If cleared then it posts discounts or FOC order as per sales policy. System started aging the invoice from that payment term which we have maintained in static condition. But aging of invoice will be done on the basis of header condition and item condition which comes from CMR.

Now i hope you understand why we have to maintain condition record for static condition and also don't want it to copy at item level.

I have checked by selecting and deselecting the business item Tick in VOV7 but its not working.

Edited by: moazzamjii on Jun 25, 2011 11:01 AM

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi moazzamjii,

Thanks for detailing the business scenario.

Do you have different payment terms (for discounts) for different products in the business? eg: different payment terms for Refrigirators and different payment terms for Washing Machines etc.,

Which Payment terms are getting copied to your line item...from header or from condition record?

If you have different payment terms at line item.....isn't it leading to invoice split?

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Ravi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes we have different payment terms for different products. 30 days for AC and 45 days for Ref etc.

Im getting payment term from condition record which i have maintained in VK11 for this static condition. I want to copy it from sales order header. Not from condition record.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to copy it from sales order header. Not from condition record.

As suggested by other members in this thread...do not maintain the payment terms at condition record level. Change the condition records in VK12 removing the payment terms.

If you do not want the inovice and payment to be based on the payment terms specific to this product.....why are you maintaining payment terms in the condition records?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need the payment terms to be same in header and item, then in the item category(config) of the keep the check box "Business data" blank. this will make sure that payment terms gets copied from header, if you check this box, then you can have different payment terms.

Thanks,

Srini.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good information, but not that relevant to the initial post!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My question is still there.

I am maintaining condition record for PR00. At header level payment term is coming from customer master and at item level it is coming from condition record. But there is no payment term field in condition table and access sequence.

I want to maintain condition record and also want to not to copy payment term from that record. payment term should be copy from customer master. This is strange but my business scenario's requirement is this.

anybody knows where is the copy control of payment term from condition record and customer master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just select the check box u201C business datau201D , so that header data and item data for the payment terms will be same, whatever is there in the header will be copied to item.

Iu2019m not sure why this is not relevant to the post, Typewriter, can you please clarify why this is not relevant and why it wonu2019t work.

Thanks,

Srini

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is -

"anybody knows where is the copy control of payment term from condition record?"

Payment terms can NOT be maintained in condition record, for P Terms to be defaulted to the item lines of the sales order.

READ POSTS FROM SAGAR AND RAMACHANDRA.

Payment Terms shall be defaulted from CMR to both - header and line item of the sales order.

You can manually change p terms in both line item and header.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

The initial query is -

"anybody knows where is the copy control of payment term from condition record?"

You are explain configuration setting in order to make line item data be different / or NOT different from Header data in a sales order; through VOV7.

If you think otherwise, please convey.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But there is no payment term field in condition table and access sequence.

The payment terms is not in the condition table or access sequence. You can see the payment terms field (KONP-ZTERM) in VK12 in each pricing record. This gets copied at the line item level. Remove the payment terms in VK12 and check again.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which condition type are you talking about? (.....take p terms out of VK12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check in the condition records tcode vk11.goto>additional data. See if here any payment term is defaulted.

regards

Aadesh Kamat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I am maintaining condition record for PR00. At header level payment term is coming from customer master and at item level it is coming from condition record. But there is no payment term field in condition table and access sequence. Anybody knows where is the copy control of payment term from condition record and customer master?

There is nothing called copying control between condition record and customer master.

It will always be copied from customer master to sales order header as well as item level. And not from condition record to sales order as already stated in earlier post

> I want to maintain condition record and also want to not to copy payment term from that record. payment term should be copy from customer master. This is strange but my business scenario's requirement is this.

If you dont want system to compare Payment terms in sales order with condition record, then simply dont maintain it in VK11. So,system will ignore that field. Apart from payment terms, there are more fields you can find in VK11. They are meant for more specific search.

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain how to maintain payment terms via condition record?

I was doing it manually, going in to line item of VA01.

Many thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just maintain payment term in XD02 (Customer master). I think its enough to resolve your point and remove PT from any other places.

Thanks and Regards,

Santanu

0 Kudos

Hi

I have maintained in XD02, I don't have CMIR. Now system is not copying payment terms from customer master. How to resolve this?