cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference of PARVW ME, BU, BP, SP in VBPA

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am a new ABAP developer and our company is just starting with SAP. I am just confused as to when to use each one of these PARVW partner function.

Based on the specs given to me, there were two conflicting instructions to get the buyer's name:

Instruction 1: I should pass VBRK-VBELN to VBPA and get ADRNR for the parvw=SP and then pass on ADRNR to ADRC and get the field name 1.

Instructiion 2: I should pass VBRK-VBELN to VBPA and get ADRNR for the parvw=BP and then pass on ADRNR to ADRC and get the field name 1.

Now I seem to get confused because if I just intuitively interpret it, sold-to-party(SP) and billed-to-party(BP) is just the same.

I tried to see what SE16n can tell me and now I come across some other PARVW values ME and BU which has the same description - BUYER.

Anyone who could help me be enlightened I am very happy to give out points! Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See these notes, they will help you to understand a lot of things related with partner functions:

SAP Note 380507 - SD partner determination: FAQ for the functions

SAP Note 854390 - FAQ: Use of the sales representative in SD without HR

SAP Note 28418 - Problems when maintaining sales personnel

SAP Note 1018305 - SD: Incorrect partner in the condition record

You can check this [print file|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/SDBF/SDBF.pdf] for further information (from page 153).

Regards

Eduardo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You understanding of SP (sold-to party) and BP (Bill to party) is correct. Also in GERMAN SP=AG; BP=RE; SH=WE (ship-to) and PY=RG (Payer).

Regarding the other concern that ME ane BU have a similar description; someone must have created these partner functions with the same description. So it can happen.

Regards,

Sampat