Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indirect Role Assignment Within CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Weu2019re implementing indirect role assignment in SAP HR and exploring the feasibility to include this client as part of CUA. Has anyone implemented this before? Appreciate if you could share.

I understand that CUA able to distribute DIRECT role assignment made from central client to the child client(s), but not so sure if it is possible for INDIRECT role assignment approach. My previous project exclude client with indirect role assignment from the CUA distribution landscape and I wonder why.

Appreciate your input in this matter and looking forward for further discussion.

Best regards and million thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look at: service.sap.com/security --> Media Library --> Literature-> HR-ORG: Indirect Role Assignment

There is also a section for CUA....

b.rgds, Bernhard

5 REPLIES 5

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look at: service.sap.com/security --> Media Library --> Literature-> HR-ORG: Indirect Role Assignment

There is also a section for CUA....

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So I worked on a CUA managed landscape that had systems that featured indirect org assignment hooked in. The association between the User ID and the HR org based position was still maintained locally as the local system contained the HR Org structure, but direct access was still blocked by CUA The roles assigned indirectly were visible from CUA in a different colour. You can still maintain users directly from CUA on top of this. This may be an alternative to consider.

If the local system does not contain the HR Org structure you are probably going to have to export the structure, so if that is the case you might as well import it to CUA if all org relevant users are maintained there and manage it centrally via the advised link anyway.

Cheers

Steve

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks alot for sharing your experience and advice At least I can visualize the concept better. The project management is still considering to implement CUA which I don't see the needs in this project - different users are accessing diffrent client.

Best Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Steve's response, Exporting a HR structure to CUA will have its own maintenance issues from a HR Support standpoint. At times CUA clients are part of Solution manager systems which have their own Org structures for Service desk functionality and it has caused few issues for one of my previous clients.. So in my opinion maintainening the Org structures/assignments in local systems would be ideal and the colour differentiation would anyways make a user administrator aware that the roles are indirectly assigned from Workflow's or HR org assignments.

Hope it helps,

Sri

0 Kudos

Thanks Sri,

Based on your input, I believe that is why my previous project exclude HR production (with indirect assignment) from the CUA landscape. I've highlighted my concerns to the project team and plan to do the same but with different reason to be considered -number of ID that need to in 'parent' client (SolMan) since we're implementing ESS/MSS.

Best Regards.