SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM document not generated for service entry sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have a situation. The FM document is generated for all the scenarios except one. When we do a service sheet entry, the FI documents are generated (such as accounting document, controlling document etc.) however no FM document is generated. Do you have any clue why this may happen?

Snigdho

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Bear in mind that FM account assignments from SES should be derived by your derivation rules of FMDERIVE.

Please check also note 1146677 that provide some alternatives using table FM01X, check which flag is more appropriate to your scenario.

I dont know which is your release/package but check if note 1289547 is part of your system.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to reconstruct the document via FMN0 (with PO reference)? If yes, what is the output?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your input. No I have not tried any such thing with the document.

Thanks again

Snigdho

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, please do

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snigdho,

FM tables are updated when the commitment items involved in the service entry sheet follow some rules that I would explain better.

I want to ask you kindly to check the Consulting Note 886094 and Note 1466979. There you will find also some suggestions of commitment items to be used (which financial transaction) and so on.

There you willl find all the combinations that generates postings with 66, 54 and 57.

Each account is related to one commitment item.

Each commitment item has different financial transaction and item

category (transaction FMCIA).

This combination of financial transaction and item category produces postings with different value types. Financial transactions and item category are related to the postings of the commitment items IN FM document.

I will try to summarize to you:

1) Postings were financial transaction is only 30 -> value type 66 (transfer)

2) Postings where financial transactions are 30 and 60 -> value type 54 (invoices)

3) Postings where financial transactions are 30 and 90 -> value type 57 (payment)

Please check the following menu path in help.sap.com

Public Sector Management - Funds Management - Recording Actual and Commitment Data - Update Control - Update Control: Financial Transaction and Value Type.

Therefore, please analyze each posting of your example and check the commitment items related to these accounts, then check in FMCIA the financial transaction of this commitment item with the combinations above.

It seems to be that your SES posting does not have a valid combination of financial transaction/value type to update FM tables.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Bear in mind that FM account assignments from SES should be derived by your derivation rules of FMDERIVE.

Please check also note 1146677 that provide some alternatives using table FM01X, check which flag is more appropriate to your scenario.

I dont know which is your release/package but check if note 1289547 is part of your system.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful explanation. Moreover I realized that I have maintained the update profile in such a manner that the update will take place only at the time of MM invoice receipt. So I guess the system is behaving correctly.