cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real world scenario JDBC-PROXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a interface between JDBC-PROXY. Select some rows from the table and do some proceessing in proxy (say create material). The scenario looks good. But while selecting from the table JDBC adapter updates the status field to prevent processing the same row again and again.

Now if suppose my R/3 server is down, the data from the table is lost. How can I track these data?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Define Block in your bpm and define one exeception branch.In exception branch define one send step to componsate the values from the JDBC.

Define send step(to R/3)in the normal branch.....

If your R/3 server is down your control goes to exception branch step and executes the compensation send step....otherwise it continues with remaining steps.

-sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Is there no alternative to achieve this with out the use of a BPM in my scenario?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

A JDBC sender adapter cannot be configured Synchronously, yes u r correct .

If you want an update back to the database after execution , BPM is the only one way .

create the RECEIVER JDBC adapter fromat as suggested in this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

one thing dont use update in Sender Jdbc Adapter use it in Receiver Jdbc adapter

the steps in BPM wil be ,

1. Receive -- for Sender JDBC adapter

2- Send Synchronous -- RFC call synchrnous

3 - Send -- using Receievr JDBC adapter to Insert / Update the DB.

Regards,

Sridhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YOu can use a sync scenario wherein the table is only updated once the Proxy is successful.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijaya,

Thanks. But JDBC sender adapter does not support synch(BE) msgs I guess. Correct me if I am wrong. How can I overcome this?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.