cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM System copy - Product categories issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have done the system copy from Quality system to Development system of SRM.Also done the same for backend ECC also.After the system copy, when I check the product categories in COMM_HIERARCHY, all of them are pointing towards Quality system of ECC.Because of this I could not be able to change the product categories responsibilities in PPOMA_BBP.Ultimately I could not be able to select any product category and Products in the portal for creation of Shopping cart.

I have checked all the Middleware objects in both ECC as well as SRM.I have adjusted the logical systems in all the places and also created a new port in SMOEAC.Distribution profile in BD64 is fine.

I have seen many system copy issues, but not seen this phenomena of Product categories problem.

When we do the Product categories replication, I know we have to run DNL_CUST_BASIS3/PROD0/PROD1.This will create the entries in COMM_HIERARCHY ( R3MATCLASS & R3PRODSTYP ). These entries are already there but are pointing towards Quality system of ECC.

When I run DNL_CUST_BASIS3, the program is just RUNNING and not getting completed.Is it because the entries are already there in COMM_HIERARCHY.If this is the case, then should I delete those entries first.? If so, how to delete this? If not, please suggest me hoe to replicate the product categories again?

We are in SRM 5 with ECC 6 as backend

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl run BDLS in your development system. Specify your Old LS and New LS. Also remove the test run indicator.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

BDLS will not solve this problem.It will only replace the logical systems .These are the data elements gets copied from backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Have you tried running BDLS? Run it in both ECC and SRM.

This is a GUID issue. Since all your middleware objects are pointing to your QA system, you need to run BDLS in Dev system.

This will ensure that all your table entries in Dev system point to dev system & not QA. While running BDLS, keep a check on "Conversion of client depenedent & client independent tables"

Pl check the following

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on Jun 21, 2011 1:46 PM

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Have you got a solution to this? I am having similar problem so would appreciate if you can share the solution.

Cheers!

SF