cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO number ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here i have given number range from 1000 to 9999999

After this number range get over say after 2 years, what will happen???

Do it get start again from 1000 or i have to give them a option for using external number range also so that after this number range gets over they can maintain externally using some alpha numeric keys

Pls guide me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all for correct and accurate reporting purpose ,so i prefer Po number range always internally

now you asked what will happen if number range is over after 2 year

I think system will give message once po number range is over

Regards

Kailas Ugale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailashugale,

Thanks for ur Reply,

Then their business transactions in SAP get stopped what to do to avoid this.

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check this link it will clear you,I am not come such experine that number range is come to end

[;

Regards

Kailas Ugale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an ongoing process, once the numbers are about to get exhausted, you business need to create a new number range and assign it to the Doc type, thats it.

Regards

Chandra Shekhar

former_member204661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a common practice to put a warning% for the object, say for example object BANF for P.R. You can go to SNRO, put this object and maintain a %, i.e when that much % of number range remains, the system will start throwing a warning message.

Percentage for warning message

Percentage of numbers remaining in a number range, upon reaching which in number assignment a warning is given.

Examples

You have defined an interval from 1 to 1000. If you want to issue a warning at the number 900, enter 10 (%) here.

Thanks

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh Rajan,

For PO pls tell me the step, to do this

After they get this warning msg they have to inform us the we have to again create new number range rite???

Or is there any other option of Repeating the same number range for eg now i have given 1 to 100

If 100 is over can i reassign the no range from 1 to 100 again???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create a new range, you cant repeat the numbers because its identical for each document, its very easy to do, when you go to number range configuration for Purchase order, there you need to create a new Interval. now this new Interval has to be assigned to your document type. This is available under customizing for Purchase Orders.

Basically this is a normal standard business process and if you are implementing it for a client then you need to tell the Core users on how to do these settings when they are supporting the system post golive.

Regards

Chandra Shekhar

former_member204661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachein,

I think CS has covered it all very comprehensively, you can also check in NRIV table for the object, for any number range for the object, which is not being used, then you can assign your document type to it.

Thanks

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra shekar and Shailesh,

Thanks for ur replies,

Now Interval i have given is IC 1000 - 9999999 and assign to doc type ZICW

After this no range gets over

i should create doc type or new interval if i create new interval system wont allow me to assign same number range ie new interval IW 1000 - 9999999

Former Member
0 Kudos

See basically you can have different document types for purchase orders and some can have different number ranges assigned to them, so basically you need to check for your object that is Purchase order how many number ranges exist and are in use, so you can only create a number range that is not existing, this is a basic preliminary check before planning for a new number range creation.

Answers (0)