SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Clearing of Invoices

former_member316563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am unable to clear an open item partially using payment lot when I give only the print doc number in selection value -it goes into postprocess. However, when I provide the total open amount it gets cleared.If I give the document number in the selection field then the item gets partially cleared.

The requirement is while posting payment lot the user will only provide partial amount and the print document number(XBLNR) in the payment lot item list.

I think the clearing steps in my clearing variant is not configured to meet the requirement above. Someone please advice.

Thanks in advance

Satyajeet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

First you need to find out the clearing variant which you have assigned with the incoming payments. You will find it in the following path:

SPRO-Financial Accounting-Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-Basic Functions-Open Item Management-Define Specifications for Clearing Types-Define Defaults for Incoming Payments.

After you get the clearing variant for incoming payments, you have to see the clearing steps of it. You will find it in the following path:

SPRO-Financial Accounting-Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-Basic Functions-Open Item Management-Clearing Control-Clearing Variants-Define Clearing Variants.

Please select the clearing variant and double click on the clearing steps at the left hand side. In the 'Group Rule', you will see a field called 'Amount Rule'. If it is set as '0' (Clearing only possible when amounts are the same), please delete the value and make it blank. Save the clearing variant now.

Hope this will help.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

First you need to find out the clearing variant which you have assigned with the incoming payments. You will find it in the following path:

SPRO-Financial Accounting-Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-Basic Functions-Open Item Management-Define Specifications for Clearing Types-Define Defaults for Incoming Payments.

After you get the clearing variant for incoming payments, you have to see the clearing steps of it. You will find it in the following path:

SPRO-Financial Accounting-Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-Basic Functions-Open Item Management-Clearing Control-Clearing Variants-Define Clearing Variants.

Please select the clearing variant and double click on the clearing steps at the left hand side. In the 'Group Rule', you will see a field called 'Amount Rule'. If it is set as '0' (Clearing only possible when amounts are the same), please delete the value and make it blank. Save the clearing variant now.

Hope this will help.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Thanks Nirmalya...your suggession was very helpful in understanding the Amount Rule