cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using of the same MICs in different operations of the same inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have to use 6 MICs in many operations but the system is issuing error message when we save/change inspection plan. Is there any way we can use the MICs many times and system does not issue any error message.

Please reply.

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to inspect the same characteristic again and again, Inspection point could be the answer. But, if your operations are different and wish to keep them as such, you need to live with this warning message. However, the best one would be to change the MIC (atleast in version number) so that you'll have a better traceability. Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member

Thanks to all of you for your valuable feedback.

The following appears in warning message:

@09@ W QP 217 1 1 Q 5 1 0 0020 Char. 0010: Mstr insp. charac. already used in char. 0010 (operation 0010)

The following appears in error message:

@0A@ E QP 146 1 1 Q 5 1 0 0020 Op. 0020, CH 0010: Char. ident. PH(5-7) FEED WATER UNIT-1 used for QDI several times in task list

The scenario is that we have to test RO water with 2 hour interval daily (i.e. 12 times in a day) Our customer does not want to generate 12 lots in a day. Instead one lot will be generated for a single day using sample management.

We have created 12 operations (i.e. 8:00 a.m. , 10:00 a.m. and so on) and assigned six MICs to each operations.

The only problem is that system issues warning & error message and user has reservations after seeing that messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chris,

You can use Inspection points here.

Create a Ispection point and assign it at task level stage and check.

Please revert back for issues if any..

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best option is to use Inspection Points as mentioned by me in my reply, yesterday. In this, you don't have to create many inspection lots/operations and can inspect many times - for the same characteristic. Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem, its just a warning msg.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

I would also recommend using inspection points in order to repeat the inspection of the same characteristic multiple times.

You may just get a warning when you save but this warning is not without reason...

If later on you want to print a certificate using certificate profile based on inspection lot results, you will encounter issues as the same characteristic is repeated multiple times an the inspection lot and the system will not know which result to read.
As such certificate issuing will fail.
poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ganapathi is absolutly right, Instead of going for different operation u can careate plan with single operation and inspection point with time.When ever u want to do the result recording u can do against respective time.

Thanks & Regards

Rajendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Its not an error message. its only a warning message and u will not have any problem at results recording also.

Save the plan and go ahed with the process.

Even at table level it is updated at different Nodes(Operations)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the operations are different then system should allow to use the same MIC many times.

What is exactly error that you are getting,??

If still not work there can be one work around like using same mic with different versions.................

rajesh_madham
Participant
0 Kudos

Remove consitency check at op46 for multiPLE MIC acceptance .....Std code will stop warning or error from here