cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing webmail and Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we maintain our help desk through email as well as Solution Manager. This makes tracking a bit difficult as we need to maintain records for both methods.

Is there any way you can synchronize your webmail and solution manager so that a request is generated the moment a mail is recieved?

Thanks,

Savindi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

what i am getting is you want to create a message if you receive an email in your mailbox

this is not possible in standard you need to go for development

but alternative would be asking your users to use the web based/portal based Service desk for which they will be getting a URL to post a ticket instead of emailing

hope it clarifies

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakar,

Thank you for your quick response.

We had a weblink which was working fin but due to a EHP1 upgrade the server changed and the link does not work anymore. Woul you have any idea of how to rectify it.

Thanks,

Savindi

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes i think i can help you

if the server changed the link will definately not work because the server name is encoded in the link so you need to change the settings or include this new server name in it.

as per pg 9 in how to guide you can check it should of the foll form

http://u201CServeru201C:u201CPortu201C/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ags_workcenter?sap-client=200&sap-langua...

how to guide

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000776062009E/Howto_ServiceDesk.pdf

so it means if your server is changed then make it your new server.

Hope it clarifies

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Seems you are uing web UI. Please make sure all your related HTTP services are activated after the upgrade.

make sure your icm paramters were set correctly,

Thanks,

Jansi