cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create table with data from parent and child context nodes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have the following problem:

I have created a parent context node including some child nodes.

f.e.: node Customer with child node Address.

Now I want to create a table which displays all the data in one row. But if I create the data binding I can only select one value node. the child attributes are selected with the parent but I can't choose the parent and the child value node.

Do I something wrong or isn't it possible?

some additional info:

Customer:

singleton: true

cardinality: 0..n

Address:

singleton: false

cardinality 1..1

thx a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

There is no problem here -- this is fully suported scenario.

1. Bind Table dataSource to Customers node.

2. Bind individual cell editors to any attribute of customer or any nested node like Address, say create column with InputField as editor, then for "value" property select Customer.Address.Street.

Your nested nodes (like Address) must be non-singleton, set singleton=false on context designer tab.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u create the binding for the parent node to the table and select the attribute with for the parent node to create the coloums.

If u have a child node with attribute and u want to bind that to a coloum, create a coloum under the table and then bind the child node to the table cell editor of the coloum seperately.

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can choose the one value node for the datasource property of Table

Regards

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't get it.

I can choose the customer and all its value attributes are selected. f.e.: his name

But the address is not selected. If I select the address (value node) the customer isn't selected anymore. I can only select one node as source and only it's attributes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes.. you only use one node for the table and bind the attributes of child nodes to the Cell Editors

have a look at this thread

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/23b3c8b0a238439f664f73a04e6332/content.htm

Regards

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Argh!

So if I use existing JavaBeans as model I have to create an additional flat node structure with bindings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh. Forget my last post!

I just read the other posts. That's the solution!

Thanks a lot for the fast help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saravanan,

If you think that creating a placeholder post first and then altering it is not noticed by anyone, then you are wrong -- there first version of post is mailed ))

Anyway, when copy answers, just make sure you grab enough content to create helful copy -- do not drop context / attribute names used for sample.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

I will correct in future. Thanks for your indication

Regards

Saravanan K