cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to SP06 - XML missing attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgraded to SP06 and noticed that the XML created during syndication is missing the "segment" attribute. The XSD has not been updated so trying to figure out why. I checked an environment that has not been upgraded yet and the "segment" attribute is there. I also compared the mapping attributed and noticed the the Namespace option is unchecked and greyed out and the Unicode option is unchecked and greyed out. Any ideas t

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In SP06 the libraries for the output of XML data were changed, which solved a number of issues we had with previous versions.

This library does not automatically add the SEGMENT data if the value for the SEGMENT is empty.

As a workaround, you can go to syndication map's output item properties tab and set the static text property for the SEGMENT and BEGIN attributes to "1". This will ensure that these attributes are added to the text, even if they are empty.

BR,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

We faced a similar issue when we upgraded to SP06 from SP04.

I guess you may find records in error in PI.

You can go to syndication map's destination item properties tab and set the static text property for the SEGMENT attributes to "1".

Moreover any attribute which you always want must be made as "Mandatory" in the XSD which you are using in syndicator.

Please refer to this thread where you will find detailed explanation and resolution of this issue

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Ravi