cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response time too slow when there is competition in the same connector PCo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, I'm having a problem with using PCo 2.1.

I created all the conections in PCo with OSIsoft PI and when I create a TagQuery

on MII to get the values of a tag is not occur problem in response time.

But when I have another TagQuery or Transaction, which is collecting data at the same

time, sharing the same connector, the time response is very slow.

Using the UDS this problem does not happen.

So problem is that when there is competition in the same connector, the response time is extremely slow.

Has anyone experienced this?

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are there any visible differences in the values of the server properties , when you define the connection on the UDS Admin Console compared to when you define these on the PCO Management Console?

Thanks

Udayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

Thank you for attention. I verified all the configuration parameters in common between both and there isn't difference. However in the PCo there are some parameters that there aren't in the UDS, which are "Log Information", "Cache Mode", "PI Trust".

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which MII version are you on?

Are the UDS and PCo on the same server? If that is the case I hope they are not using the same port for this connection.

When you use PCo and use more than 1 connection , so do you see any errors - connection time out etc, or its just plain slow.

Did you try looking at the Netweaver logs (if you use 12.x) , that might help.

Thanks,

Udayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

Thanks again for attention,

I found this problem on the two MII versions, 12.0 and 12.1.

The UDS and PCo are on different servers and using different ports too.

I didn't find errors on netweaver about this, but I'll verify one more time.

On true, on version 12.0 of MII there is two connections with PI, one PCo and another UDS, that are using the same port. But this does not happen on the MII version 12.1, there I'm using different ports.

Thank you very much!