Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory line item partners

Sevin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a new sales order line item partner and flagged it as mandatory in the item partner determination procedure. However, I am able to save my sales order without the partner. I would like the order to go on incompletion if the partner is missing.

Can you tell me what I could be missing?

Thanks,

Alas84

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use the functionality of the incompletion procedure to meet your requirements...

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in t.code OVA2 and assign a status group to the field. Then create a new document and check.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva, Jaine,

Could you please explain in more detail?

say in VA03, item level, Tab Partners; ...then which field is this? & what are you exactly advising?

Edited by: Typewriter on Jun 21, 2011 3:40 PM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with table VBPA, field KUNNR or PARVW with screen value PPAR_SUB or PPAR.

I remember I have done at header level, But item level I never done, so this is a suggestion.

Regards,

Sevin
Participant
0 Kudos

The incompletion procedure doesn't work. By flagging the partner as mandatory, the item must exist on the partner tab (with a partner number blank) before the incompletion log recognizes the issue.

The problem is that:

1- I am adding the partners in a user exit.

2- When I tried to add them with a blank partner, they are not getting picked up.

Any ideas?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For partner function you do NOT need to "separately" do configuration / settings in Incompletion Log procedure.

I have tested it and please do test in the below manner -

1. Say ZZ is the partner function you want to be mandatory for your Sales doc item category

2. Make sure that ZZ (& record for ZZ) are created in your CMR, Sales Order header. I.E.

a.Create partner procedure for Account group. In procedure have ZZ as mandatory. Also in your SP, CMR make sure that this ZZ p function is included with its record.

b.Create partner procedure for Sales doc type. In that procedure have ZZ as mandatory

c.Create partner procedure for Sales item category. In procedure have ZZ as mandatory

Now in VA01, automatically ZZ with value shall be populated, in your item category (if available in CMR, SP)

(if NOT available in CMR, SP) If there is NO value for ZZ for that item category, you shall NOT be able to complete your order; system shall go to Incompletion Log.

Or if user deletes ZZ record, then also user shall NOT be able to complete your order; system shall go to Incompletion Log.

Conclusion, SAP has build-in Incompletion Log + Partner procedure.

Sevin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Typewriter,

Good recommendation but won't work in my case because my partner function should not be entered on the header - only on the line items.

What I ended up doing is manually update the incompletion log (table XVBUV) in my user exit.

Thanks,

Alas84

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if don't want the sales order to be saved if there are some incomplete fields, then you MUST also need to set(check) the flag " Incomplete. messages" under Transaction flow tab for the ORDER type. if you check this box, then system will force the order not to be saved if it is incomplete.

Check this.

Thanks,

Srini.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Where exactly is this "check-box" (in VA02 or....)?

Please explain in more detail.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alas,

Could you explain why you don't want the partner function in the Sales order header? (the business process / requirement)

Also what partner function is it, that you want in the item level?

Does your method work? Is it a one time entry, in the table?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This check box is in SPRO-> F5->sales and Distribution -> sales -> sales documents -> order types, here select the order type you are using for your order, then in Transaction flow tab you find the check box "Incomplete. messages" .

Check this and let us know.

Thanks,

Srini.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srini,

Many Thanks!

The same can be done in VUA2 field IC-dialog.

Sevin
Participant
0 Kudos

Typewriter,

This is my client's requirement. The partner function is based on material divisions so they are line item partners.

In the sales order user exit, I was able to add a record to the XVBUV table and that issued the incompletion message upon save time.

Thanks,

Alas84

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.