Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM- blank field for describe field in describe requirement

rahul_gupta12
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi ,

i have a requirement to set the default value as "blank" in SRM 5.0 for describe requirement and the field name is category followed by the drop down list .

requirement:

for every user the drop down list should set the default value as "blank". i.e when ever the shopping cart is created by describe requirement (any user) the category field should be blank. please answer the question as i'm new to SRM environment i'm not able to find the screen where we can make the changes as in general ABAP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul.

Why would you want to have this field blank, it is a required field for document creation? The value here is read from the users attributes, I guess if you wanted you could either remove the categories from the attributes or prevent them reading of these by some enhancement coding.

Regards,

Jason

rahul_gupta12
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for reply , but senario needs all user attribute to be set , we cannot delete the attribute of user as per the requirement . please tell me wether possible through the ITS screen by finding out the screen number and hard code to initialize the drop down list .. or any other way ..

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If using the SRM 5.0 release you can use the BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI to influence the screen display in the various Business Objects, the filter dependent Badi can be set to clear the relevent field depending on your requirements. I would try that as the next step.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to use the webdynpro component for describe screen. once you find the component in the methods you will enhancements which you can use to write your own code.

cheers, Prabhu