cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Tech Specs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me what should be the Functional and Technical specs for MII should contain? Is there any formats or examples exists for the same?

Thanks,

Raveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

No formats as such..

However, you can have the following topics in FRS:

1. Introduction: Purpose/Scope/Definition etc

2. Functional Specifications: Flow diagrams, Functional/Reporting requirements

3. Integration/Interface Requirements

4. Performance/ Usability Constraints

5. Operating Environment / Quality Requirements

etc.

In Technical Specs, you can have:

1. Introduction: Purpose/Scope/Definition etc

2. System Overview

3. Software Architecture

4. Design of Reports inclusing Input/ Output/ Pseudo code/ Variables / Flow diagrams

5. Quality Requirements

etc.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any examples for this.

Thanks,

Raaveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

Eg:-downloading production order to MII suing IDOC.

Functional Specification:-you have to explain wht is your functional need and process(How operator whill do in MII)

Technical specification:- write flow diagream and steps.like in ECC how you will you map MII details and idoc name with tcode(POIT for trigerring PO idoc) and how will you manage /flow in MII BLS.

Thanks,

Ramesh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

Please look up PDF installation requirements and "Generate Documentation" in your MII instance. There is a very nice feature for generating the core graphics and details of your objects.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I see the Documentation under NAVIGATION SERVICES but when i click it the page is diverted to help.sap.com

And I dont see any PDF option on MII Instance.

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

There is a feature of the MII Workbench that utilizes the PDF functionality of MII. However you will need to install the pdf functionality which you will need to read the instructions for from the Help button. Once the pdf capability is installed, go to the workbench and open a transaction. In the workbench menu, select Transaction - Generate Documentation (towards the bottom of the drop down menu). Click on it once and it will request where you want the file saved. Pick a target path and hit okay. MII will generate a pdf file with everything you need to know about the transaction (actually more than you really need to know, but you can then cut and paste).

It is a neat feature and is pretty nice for creating project documentation without spending all your time doing screenshots and typing.

Have fun!

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

When you say PDF, are you referring to PDF action block? Do I need to deploy them first? This is something pretty new for me.

can you guide me through this.

Thanks in Advance,

Raveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming you are on SAP MII 12.1 check out below SAP Note to deploye PDF actions in SAP MII 12.1

SAP Note "1325997"

Regards,

manoj Bilthare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the note the version for iText to be downloaded is 1.4.5 but I don't see them available, can I go with any latest versions.

Thanks,

Raveen

Edited by: raveensap on Jun 27, 2011 5:08 PM

Edited by: raveensap on Jun 27, 2011 5:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

download version 1.4.5. of

the third-party iText.jar and iTextAsian.jar, from

http://www.lowagie.com/iText/download.html.

Thanks

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

This is the same link provided in SAP Notes but i don't see these versions available there.

Regards,

Raveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

Check this one

http://olex.openlogic.com/packages/itext/1.4.5

Regards

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anshul,

I got itext but itest-asian i got from another site.

Regards,

Raveen

Edited by: raveensap on Jun 27, 2011 6:04 PM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

Have you gotten the "Generate Documentation" menu item to work?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Ya i able to generate Documentation, but I dont see the flow charts in the document.

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

The nice thing about transactions is that they are set up as flow charts inherently. Should not need flow charts as long as the transactions are shown as images in the pdf. This one more reason to keep your transactions from growing too large.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what we are doing wrong?

The PDF actions won't work with us, the option "generate documentation" in menu Transaction of the MII workbench is still disabled.

What did we do?

1) Download the PDFActions.jar from SAP Note 1325977.

2) Also download the iText.jar from http://olex.openlogic.com/packages/itext/1.4.5 and iTextAsian.jar from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/itext/files/extrajars/ExtraJars1.0/

3) Go to the MII administration - System Management - Custom Actions and upload the PDFActions.jar file + iText.jar and iTextAsian.jar as dependency files. Press save.

The status of the PDFActions.jar assembly file is Deployed. Is this correct? Cause we didn't do anything to deploy it yet.

4) Go to UME and create a new role "PDF_role". Add actions: XMII_PDFAction_all, XMII_PDFservices and XMII_CustomAction_all to this role. Assign the role to your user. (our user is also a XMII_superadmin)

5) Check the menu option "generate documentation" in Transaction menu of the MII Workbench -> still disabled.

What did we forget to do?

Is it possible to somewhere undeploy this? can be usefull in the future...

Do we still need to do something in NetWeaver?

We can see the PDF Fonts menu in MII administration. Do we need to add a font?

System info:

SAP MII 12.1 SP07 and Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1 SP05.

Best regards,

Steven