SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap isu- BOR method not creating relationship

ankit_munshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create relationship between two business partners using a standard BOR method. I am passing two existing business partners to the method and after executing it I am getting sy-subrc value of 0. The output message that I am getting is too indicating that the relationship was transferred successfully. However despite all this, the entry is not getting reflected in table But050, nor it is showing up in CIC0. What can be the possible reason.?

PS: the BOR method calls a BAPI but there is no explicit commit statement after BAPI is executed.

Another update to the problem... when I try to re-execute the same method for same data (second time) I get an error message "relationship already created". But neither table BUT050 nor CIC0 shows the newly created relationship.

The BOR object i am talking about is BUS1006002, method BPContactPersonRel.Create,

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try calling explicit Commit Work at the end of your step?

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said , it is a standard BOR method. I know we can create a Z method and use an explicit BAPI COMMIT after the BAPI is called. But what I wanted to ask is if it is possible to have such a bug in standard methods.?

Also, as I mentioned earlier , though the newly created relation didnt get reflected in the table , when i try to re-execute the method with same data, I get an error " relationship already exists". What could be possible explanation for the same?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like partial commit is happening with this BAPI function module. I have no idea where these values are stored.

Now, for commit work, you need not code Z method for commit work, but you can call Object Type SAP0001 and method BapiService.TransactionCommit.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

> As I said , it is a standard BOR method. I know we can create a Z method and use an explicit BAPI COMMIT after the BAPI is > called. But what I wanted to ask is if it is possible to have such a bug in standard methods.?

It's possible, but very unlikely! That method is used thousands of times a day, all over the world.

Please note, you don't need to create a Z method. Just execute a 'commit work' after the standard method is called.

>Also, as I mentioned earlier , though the newly created relation didnt get reflected in the table , when i try to re-execute the >method with same data, I get an error " relationship already exists". What could be possible explanation for the same?

Yes, this is normal behaviour. The update has been buffered within this process, but not yet committed.

hope this helps

Paul