cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM related - How to delete the item from a catalog?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to delete items from an existing catalog. Can you please give me all the procedures to delete Items from supplier catalog. As i am unable to delete items by uploading files.. with deletion indicator 'X'.

Thanks.

regards,

Charles.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a side note to all here deleting items via CSV upload with the enrichment Badi, I must stress that such an action is certainly NOT supported and may cause inconsistencies in the mapping procedure, as already advised in this thread, if you wish to delete items via CSV, you should perform the load with operator FULL in the csv header

Deletion is possible as also mentioned here when using XML files but not in CSV, this is clearly stated in the CCM help at help.sap.com

Jason

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Charles,

Do you upload the file in XML or CSV format ?

We have implemented delete function in CSV upload.

1. Add custom characteristics Action

2. Delete item in BADI if Action=DELETE

BADI /CCM/CTLG_ENRICHMENT

METHOD /ccm/if_ex_ctlg_enrichment~enrich_item

BADI /CCM/CTLG_ENRICHMENT

METHOD /ccm/if_ex_ctlg_enrichment~finalize_enrichment.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uploading the file in XML format...

Is there any direct way to delete the items from in this case... instead uploading the file..

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Charles: there is no function to manually delete (or edit) items in supplier catalogs via Web interface. Any changes are supported via upload only. In XML, action code Delete for items is standard (<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ccm20/helpdata/en/87/09a1160dde4eb3bf581ab98f29e378/content.htm">SAP XML help</a>). In CSV, you can do it via BAdI as Masa suggested.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I read your post about removing items out of the CSV upload for CSV in Badi BADI /CCM/CTLG_ENRICHMENT. We face the same requirement to delete items from the catalog during upload. Would you be so friendly to send me the coding of the badi?

Thanks in advance,

Machiel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

As far as I know,

You can not change or delete any data from supplier catalogs as the same are considered as supplier info.

You can very well delete items from your master or procurement catalog which you may have mapped from supplier catalog.

If deleting items is essential for you then you can delete supplier catalog entirely and re-upload the same without the unwanted items.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

In CCM we use Supplier Catalog only for mapping right, you dont have any facility of change/update in the said catalog.

So the only best option would be you delet the respective catalog and reupload it with the updated catalog.

BR,

Vijay Mittal