cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception occurred due to http communication failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I got this error "Exception occurred due to http communication failure" in smq2 when i am trying to subscribe dta from SUP. Actually it was working last week, the only difference is we configured relay server in SUP server. Do we need do any post configuration step for subscribe the data after configured to relay server.

Please help me to resolve the same.

regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error occurs when DOE is trying to push data to SUP server. Relay server comes only after SUP server in sequence. So DOE only tries to push data to SUP and not Relay server. So from my understanding, adding relay server should not be a problem.

From the error, it appears that your SUP server is not reachable from DOE box. It could so happen that the error occurred when DOE is trying to push data to SUP when your SUP was down. So it ran into error. Once the queue runs into error, you need to manually reset the queue again. If you are sure that SUP is up and running and no changes to its internet settings are made, then you can reset the queue and it should successfully process the messages.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

But i got this error when i am trying subscribe data from mobile(simulaor). SUP server is up only. How can i ensure there is connectivity between DOE and SUP.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I understand that when you subscribe from device, what exactly happens is you try to register with DOE server. During this the request goes from device to SUP and then to DOE.

Once registration is done, based on the hostname/IP address which is part of the registration request DOE tries to push the data. During this step, DOE is not able to resolve the hostname/IP address or unable to reach.

One reason could be hostname and ip address mapping is missing in DOE. When registration comes from SUP, it might be coming with host name and this hostname is not reachable from DOE system. So against this hostname configure the IP address in which SUP is installed.

To do that, go to table SDOE_WSE_HOST and create an entry with hostname and IP address. (If you cannot find the table then search with SDOEWSEHOST).

Best Regards,

Siva.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto Subscription monitor and check the subscription details.

Now goto command prompt.

try TELNET <ip address> <port>. IP address and Port can be retrieved from HOSTNAME column in subscription monitor.

If this command is not successful, then check what is the network problem.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva..

There is no error executing telnet command.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try resetting the queue? Did it work?

As mentioned in my previous reply, did you try to configure IP address against host id?

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

There is no entry in that table. Can u please help how to configure ipaddress against hostname.

FYI: We have one more landscape in that everything is working fine(in that server also no entry in this table) and am try to subscribe the data in the simulator of the same system the SUP server installed.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siva,

I have tried to reset the queue so many times but failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually it is not mandatory to have an entry in that table. It is not required if your subscription request contains IP address. Since you mentioned that you are able to ping via Telnet, I see no problem with IP address. ( I hope you tried to execute the Telnet command from DOE machine)

Since you mentioned that it was working fine with another landscape it is now tough to guess what the problem could be. It doesn't matter where your simulator is present. DOE only tries to push data to SUP server.

The only thing that I doubt now is the Port. DOE tries to push data to SUP server which is at a particular IP address and to a particular port which is part of subscription request. It could be so possible that the port is not open in the system where SUP is installed.

Check with your IT team, if they opened any port in your earlier SUP working landscape and try to ask them to open that port in your new landscape too.

Best Regards,

Siva.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where did you execute TELNET command from?

Is it from the system where DOE server is installed? If not, try from DOE installed system and see if it is able to connect to IP & Port.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your support. I found the problem. It is port problem only.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

What was the exact problem? Was port not opened?

It would be good if you can elaborate your solution for future users.

PS: Just want to remind you, we are two differnt users with same name Siva replying to your question.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SIva R Kirshna,

First of all thanks a lot for your help. Yes it was port problem only. Port is not opened in the SUP server. I just opened the port and restarted the server now it is working fine.

Regards,

Ram

Answers (0)