Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make seletion optional VA35?

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,,,

Please guide about " How to make the selection ( customer, material, PO numbed) optional in VA35?

While doing the search I have found that "validation in Line number 36-44 in PAI include MV75ANEU_EINGABEN_PRUEFEN"

what does it mean? where can I view this?

Thanks & Regards

RaviRaj0308

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a include program.

You have to use the T.Code "SE38" for viewing the code of the program.

In this at line number "43",SAP has used the message "e507" which means that it is going to return error if the required condition is not met.

We have change this one "W" or "i".

Please check with your ABAPer.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna for the prompt reply

As per your 5th line- where can the abaper change this error typr from E to W or I.

Is it in funcational side or abab side.

Regards

RaviRaj0308

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my message I have put the letter "e" before "507".We have change this "e" to "w/i".

It is the task of an ABAPer.

Regards,

Krishna.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's wrong with using the transaction that I've suggested? The error message in VA35 is there for a good reason (performance optimizaton). I sure hope your manager or technical team will do something to prevent this reckless and unnecessary modification. Otherwise I feel sorry for the folks who will be maintaining this...

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna

will the change suggested by you, effect the performance of the system, as mentioned by Ms Jelena above..

Is it advisable to do change the message from E to W, from functional point of view.

I checked with my ababper & he is doubting about the further functioning of this report..

Please explain..

Thanks & Regards

RavIRaj 0308

Edited by: RaviRaj0308 on Jun 23, 2011 5:22 PM

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jelena

Thanks for your detail reply,,,well , the prob with VA35N is - it is not showing the info like "customer material number"

That's the reason we are looking for other options.

Reagrds

RaviRaj0308

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VA35N is a simple report. You can copy it and make any changes necessary. It is pulling the same data as VA35 (the same dictionary structure, from what I see, which, by the way, can be enhanced), but for some reason when presenting the data in ALV, it is only using some fields, not all available. It is just one line ABAP change (in the field catalog routine) to adjust this. Otherwise the report is well-written and optimized.

VA35 (like VA05) is designed to work with a single sold-to or material #, as I explained above. If you need a different report then you need to use or write a different report. It doesn't make any sense trying to break the transaction that wasn't meant to work that way. You actually might be better off with creating a simple query.

No disrespect to krishna, but I'm an ABAPer and sometimes functional folks just get these wildest ideas without a good understanding of their impact.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We have added the specific fields which we wanted & now this is working fine.

Thanks to you all

Regards

RaviRaj0308

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use transaction VA35N instead.

The 'list' transactions, such as VA05, VA35, etc. are using the index tables like VAKPA, VAKMA, etc. to read the data fast. Since either Partner or Material are the key fields in these tables, they have been made required fields. (Otherwise the performance would be slow.)

Not sure when (ECC 6.0?), but SAP kind of quietly introduced the ...N transactions. These transactions try to optimize performance based on the values entered. Keep in mind though that, based on the selection criteria and your database size they might have much slower performance and should be used with caution (probably that's why they're not realy advertised).

Edited by: Jelena Perfiljeva on Jun 20, 2011 2:30 PM (corrected typo in transaction name).