cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit the tax codes available in Portal Expenses Claim

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is it possible to limit the tax code pick list content that the portal users see? currently, all VAT codes that have ever existed in our ERP seem to sit in that list & obviously people are then choosing the wrong ones!!

Can i get in and either specify that list myself, or limit to only valid codes?

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bruceiow,

the tax codes comes FI table - But I think this is not new to you.

If you like to limit this in the portal (WebDynpro) you need to use the BADI trip_web_customizing.

All customizing will be "transferred" to the front end by calling the service. Here you can than specifiy which of the tax codes you do not like to have transferred.

Best regards,

Siegfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried,

thanks for your reply - where can i find TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING?

I looked in SPRO --> Financial Accounting --> Travel management --> Business Add-ins for travel management with web dynpro interface, but couldnt see it there?

Thanks

Iain

0 Kudos

In the standard solution when entering a receipt, the value from V_T706B1 is defaulted. If you want, that the user is not able to choose a different, you can set the field to read-only.

If you use the BAdI TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING then you need to implement this first (SE18 ) and here you can make your changes but remember that you can only change the VAT codes in the dropdown box regardless of the expense type. There is no chance to have a expense type dependent dropdown box for VAT codes.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Sally Redmond on Jun 20, 2011 3:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant - this is just what I am after. There would be no need to have different lists for expense type variations - we just need to remove that "old" VAT rates that are reflecting across from ERP.

I will have a go with the BaDI and report back

Former Member
0 Kudos

please let me know if you need any help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - i have implimented the BAdi as suggested - where do i now need to go to make these changes??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know?

The situation so far:

I have implimented Badi TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING to unlock additional functionality for our portal expenses, but I cant see anywhere to actually use this functionality.

Should i be looking in portal or SPRO in backend?

Many thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Bruce

You would need to talk to your ABAP developer about implementing own code using this BAdi.

I had a think about this though and if you have the business function active FIN_TRAVEL_1 and on WD ABAP, what about using table V_T706S_RECEIPT to restrict the expense types by schema ? Note 1148065 explains a bit more about the changes that came with migration from Java to ABAP as unfortunately you cannot restrict expense types in Java landscape. This way though you can restrict it to only the expense types with correct tax version/.

Maybe this might work and be a simpler solution instead.

Sally

0 Kudos

Also check the function module called PTRM_UTIL_CUSTOMIZING_GET and PTRM_WEB_CUSTOMIZING_GET as here this sorts the order and the method USER_EXIT_CUSTOMIZING can be used for sorting the values for expense type so perhaps your own code here to group by correct tax code etc could help.

You need to be working on this FM PTRM_UTIL_CUSTOMIZING_GET as this is where the BADI is called which delivers the values for the drop down box

Edited by: Sally Redmond on Jun 28, 2011 9:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Therefore definitely you can use this BADI as stated.

But of course this is no customizing u2013 you need to program in what you need.

Get customizing include all tax codes u2013 so than you have to delimit to the tax code you like to show.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally

two years ago you wrote

"There is no chance to have a expense type dependent dropdown box for VAT codes."

I have an ecc6 ehp4 and i think this is still valid (i've try all the afternoon to find a code but no joy ),

would you mind to help me confirming your previous statement?

I would be trulytrulytruly apreciated

cool beans!

a