cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver's WebAS SDM process goes corrupt, exitcode=66

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the third time I have had this happen, and it has happened via Sneak Preview install and via a fully licensed install. I have installed NetWeaver Developer Studio and with it comes a Web AS 6.40 local J2EE Engine install which itself included MySQL/MaxDB.

After working fine for a couple of days, suddenly on trying to start the J2EE Engine the "jcontrol" process dies during it's "Synchronizing binaries" state.

Developer Trace shows:

Thu Nov 11 13:36:15 2004

• ERROR => invalid return code of process [bootstrap] (exitcode=66) [jstartxx.c 1350]

JControlExecuteBootstrap: error executing bootstrap node [bootstrap] (rc=66)

JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode=66)

-

Does anyone know why this happens and possibly how to remedy it without reinstalling everything?

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've had that error (exitcode=66) when I try to start the J2EE Engine when the DB is offline. The reason for the error of the jcontrol process is that it tries to run the bootstrap process, while the latter cannot connect to the database (because it is offline ).

So, check if the DB is online before running the jcontrol process.

Usually, if you start the system from the "system root" in the SAP Management Console, a script is run that starts the DB before the central services and the rest of J2EE Engine processes are started.

Hope that helps get over this error you get!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ivaylo for your response.

It looks as though my MaxDB is in fact online. I have tried:

1. Via SAPMMC stopping the DB (pressing Offline) and then restarting it (Online) and then starting the '0'server instance - the jcontrol tries to synchronize then dies with exitcode=66.

2. Stop everything in SAPMMC, then using the context menu of the System to start everything.

3. Stop everything in SAPMMC then manually start first the DB, then instance '1' then instance '0'.

4. same as #3 above except start instance '0' before instance '1'.

My node name is C11. In Windows Service I do see "SAP DB WWW" is started, and I see SAPC11_00 and SAPC11_01 are started. So, grasping at straws, I tried stopping the SAPC11_00 service and re-starting it. Then back at the SAPMMC trying to start the '0' instance yields an "RPC Server not available" error, but - stopping the parent "System" node in SAPMMC and then starting it again it all starts up just fine.

I have tried a shutdown /restart of this machine twice before, which would have effectively stopped and restarted the Windows SAPC11_00 service, so I don't know why my manually stopping and restarting that Control Panel Service would have made it work just now. But for anyone else struggling, this is what I did that finally got it working again.

Michael Rains, BS/CS, MCSE+I, MCSD, IBM CSD, Sun Dev

Answers (0)