cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluate Comparison Terms for SPL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone explain me how the Evaluate Comparison Terms in SPL work and what it is supposed to do? I've read all there is about it on the internet but nothing helped.

What I do not understand is what the meaning of the fields

Address Component

Name Component

and Origin Search terms.

Can anyone make an example?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc - the purpose of this optional program is to allow user to fine tune their SPL hits by displaying how the SPL terms are generated with the current SPL configuration. In the output screen you wil get the option to delete terms that might lead to lots of incorrect blocks being picked up by screening. For example a common term that you dont want to include in the screening process can be eliminated here.

The "number of remaining search terms" is the minimum number of words that you need to consider for comparison.

See the f1 HELP for the details on which name belong to which part.

The percentage limit refers to frequency of occurence of the term. This will be more clear in the results screen which displays terms that appear with a greater percentage frequency than what you have entered in the selection screen.

This program is optional.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your answer, I get the purpose of the program now, but I still do not quite understand what the fields do, and in my help well... there is not much help.

May I kindly ask you to give me an example on what the entries represent?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Yes I agree the help info is not very helpful, I think the fields are suppose to work as follows:

Number of remaining search terms:

The minimum number of entries. i,e the mimimum number of times a term has appeared in the index generated for the general address area or general name area.

Origin of search times:

The % frequency of the term per specific address component

Example:

Legal regulation SPLUS

List type DPLEU

Address component - 20

Name - 10

Name 5 %

Street 5%

So on executiion of program the system will analyse all the indexes already generated for SPLUS, list type DPLEU and display the name elements that have been generated atleast 10 times and represent 5% of "name" terms, as well as "street" terms that have atleast 20 terms generated and represent 5% of the "street" terms.

Hopefully this helps?

Michael

Answers (0)